Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

E-Brake button problem (Help)

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 09:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Brake button problem (Help)

Hello guys, my e-brake decided to take a dump on my face. As i was leaving Wal-Mart I got into my car, I proceeded to release the e-brake and then the button that is pressed inwards to release it suddenly came out. I tried to push it back inside to see if would stay inn, but it dosn't want to stay in there. It pops right back out. I can see the Guide rod with the spring attached to it. I've never dealt with anything like this before. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Old 03-05-2013, 03:50 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

This actually happened to my SS, and it was an Auto that rarely used the E-brake. The only solution for me was covered under factory warranty and that was a brand new arm.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 03-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BMR Tech2
This actually happened to my SS, and it was an Auto that rarely used the E-brake. The only solution for me was covered under factory warranty and that was a brand new arm.
Thanks for the input. I actually just finished repairing my E-Brake issue. I took off the whole center console to get to the core of the e-brake. The rod with the spring in the picture actually has a Hook like bend at the end of it. It look something like a hanger. I'm guessing with time of use it tends to open up a little bit. I managed to pull it out a little bit and bent it back into place with some pliers. and placed it behind the mechanism which holds down the brake. It wasnt easy but with a thing screw driver and hammer, i was able to put it back in place. I'm so happy it works again
Old 03-08-2013, 09:52 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DaRealGust0
Thanks for the input. I actually just finished repairing my E-Brake issue. I took off the whole center console to get to the core of the e-brake. The rod with the spring in the picture actually has a Hook like bend at the end of it. It look something like a hanger. I'm guessing with time of use it tends to open up a little bit. I managed to pull it out a little bit and bent it back into place with some pliers. and placed it behind the mechanism which holds down the brake. It wasnt easy but with a thing screw driver and hammer, i was able to put it back in place. I'm so happy it works again
I want to say that the little hook thing broke on mine inside the plastic. Glad you got it fixed!
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Quick Reply: E-Brake button problem (Help)