LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Adjustable or Non Adjustable LCA's and Panhard for stock height WS6

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 09:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjustable or Non Adjustable LCA's and Panhard for stock height WS6

I am getting into the rear suspension of my 1997 WS6 and cant decide if its worth the extra $140 to put adjustable lower control arms and adjustable panhard bar on. I have long tubes and will never be able to lower the car where I live and drive. The only reason to get adjustable is if I ever change the rear end to aftermarket. I know if I do get a new rear it would be a couple of years down the road, so does it make more since to spend $189 on non adjustable now and buy adjustable when or if the time comes or spend $329 now and be done with it. I am looking at UMI products by the way. Thanks for any help or advise you can give me.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 106 Likes on 82 Posts

Doubt you will need adjustable lcas. But I would get the adjustable panhard. I bet the rear is not even centered as it sits right now. And while you are at it a set of lca relo brackets would be beneficial as well.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do it right the 1st time. That way u dont have worry bout on the future.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Unless you are trying to change the position of the rear axle (front/back) you do not need adjustable lowers. All you need is stiffer arms with better bushings.

There really isn't anything to be gained by changing the panhard if you are running at stock height and drag racing. If you do buy a panhard, buy one that is adjustable as that will most likely be a plus later.

Quick Reply: Adjustable or Non Adjustable LCA's and Panhard for stock height WS6