Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pcv all messed up..heelp

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 08:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question pcv all messed up..heelp

Ok so like an idiot I bought a catch off eBAY for $16 after using a husky air oil seperator for a If compressor..which was free and actually was catching a good amount of.crud and water. This was the setup on the car since I got it an after reading here that the pcv on our cars is a monkey ****.throwing kick in the ***** from gm, I bought a catch can. I should have got a Norris or that mashumichi one but I can't spend 1/5th of what I make per paycheck on a metal can to catch oil so..what do I do. I got the can hooked.up and I know the can has NO baffle in it so I was thinking of stuffing the inside of the can with stainless steel very very course Scotchbrite scrubber material to hopefully give the oil something to hold onp too.
What I got now for a pcv setup after my stock pcv boot came off in three pieces is the stock piping that stops in front of the pass side valve cover, then goes directly to a catch can. From the catch can to a 90 elbow, then to a 3/8barbed brass connector with a end that goes into a 3/4 inch section of heater hose with the newer style fixed.orifice pcv valve in the other endd of the hose. Then the pcv valbe has a short section of 3/8 hose that connects it to the intake manifold where the old pcv went. The pcv valve is not vertical like I know it should be but basically this is as good as I can get this setup.

Im worried about still stopping oil as even still I see oil only after 50 miles.of driving. Oil clogging the hole in the pcv.
Is there anything else I can do like rip out the entire stock pcv system and just use breathers? I'd rather.cover. the engine in misty oil poo than get it into the engine....or is something wrong with the engine?

Quick Reply: pcv all messed up..heelp