Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

new shock and spring package

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 10:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new shock and spring package

I have 2002 camaro that I drag race and Autocross. Plan is to do some road racing.
It is currently putting out 530hp at fly. My question is what is a good shock and spring setup to do all 3 or am I going to switch setups evertime. Right now I have bmr springs 550 in front 230 in back. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Koni/stranno set up
Old 03-07-2013, 04:14 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Check out our Koni/BMR sale with free BMR Lifetime Warranty springs.

BMR/Koni Shock Value Sale
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 03-08-2013, 06:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've always used bmr products and I've never had any complaints. I'm actually swapping front springs right now, car had Hotchkis. I don't think though that you will find the best package for both worlds though, totally opposite things in going straight and the twisties..

I am somewhat disappointed in bmr this time though. Bought new springs and didn't get any stickers! Wtf??
Old 03-08-2013, 08:33 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by superman2002
I have 2002 camaro that I drag race and Autocross. Plan is to do some road racing.
It is currently putting out 530hp at fly. My question is what is a good shock and spring setup to do all 3 or am I going to switch setups evertime. Right now I have bmr springs 550 in front 230 in back. Any input would be appreciated.
Your are not going to find a shock and spring setup that will be really good at drag racing, autocrossing, and road racing. You kind of need to figure out what area you want to concentrate on and stick to that so you can have an area the car is good at rather than being mediocre in all three. The BMR spring will work well for autcrossing and road racing and will be decent for drag racing but with lowering the car you make it a bit harder to transfer weight. What shocks are you currently running on the vehicle?

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 03-08-2013, 11:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Definately look into the Koni shocks with the BMR springs package. Its a great quality deal.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:56 PM
Staging Lane

Default replies

I already have bmr springs on stock shock. I does pretty good in the autocross and road coarses. It does have alittle problem with weight transfer at the drag strip it runs low 11s right now. I was hoping with some adjustable shocks it would help with that problem. And as far as picking 1 at of 3 thats not going to happen. I do all the work myself so its not a problem to have multi shock and spring package. Sorry I havn't replied back dont get on here much.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:21 PM
TECH Resident

Adj 4/4 Koni's with stock springs, Strano's sway bars front and rear. Disconnect the front bar and adj the shocks for the drags.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:08 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

I already have bmr springs on stock shock. I does pretty good in the autocross and road coarses. It does have alittle problem with weight transfer at the drag strip it runs low 11s right now. I was hoping with some adjustable shocks it would help with that problem. And as far as picking 1 at of 3 thats not going to happen. I do all the work myself so its not a problem to have multi shock and spring package. Sorry I havn't replied back dont get on here much.
No problem, with the factory shocks and our BMR lowering springs I could definitely see you having issues with weight transfer. A good cheap quick option may be to throw some cheap Competition Engineering 3 way adjustable rear shocks on the car and see if that help, they are less than $100 and are easy to install. Also removing the front sway bar while you are drag racing will also help with weight transfer so if you don't do that I would definitely recommend it.

Setting a car up to work well in autocrossing and roadracing is pretty easy because many of the key variables are the same where as everything is way different when it comes to drag racing.

Originally Posted by slow ride 02
Adj 4/4 Koni's with stock springs, Strano's sway bars front and rear. Disconnect the front bar and adj the shocks for the drags.
I think the Koni shocks give you the best chance of performing well in all three areas but they are definitely a more handling oriented shock so I am still not sure if they would perform up to your expectations at the dragstrip. What I can say is that they should definitely perform better at the dragstrip than the factory Decarbon shocks do.

Old 03-13-2013, 12:34 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the input I think 4/4 koni for now and maybe a set strange or qa1 later for the bigger drag events
Old 03-13-2013, 12:56 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Thanks for the input I think 4/4 koni for now and maybe a set strange or qa1 later for the bigger drag events
If you decide on the Koni F4/F4 you can order them directly through us at the discounted price and you will get a set of our BMR lowering springs for free which you can sell to make a little money back. It is really an awesome deal.

Quick Reply: new shock and spring package