Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Just Purchased The Monster Stage 3/Tick Master Combo

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 10:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Just Purchased The Monster Stage 3/Tick Master Combo

I decided to go ahead and upgrade my clutch/hydrolics before spending money on more performance mods. I'm currently a bolt-ons and cam car, but I will be adding heads and a nitrous system here in the short future. I've read great things about Monster clutches and the Tick Master cylinder, so I opted on Tick Performance's combo deal that gives me everythign I need for the clutch install. The Monster Stage 3 is rated at 700hp/700tq, so that should be good enough to handle my future mods. I'll update this thread once everything has been installed.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome man, can't wait to hear your thoughts on it. You won't be dissapointed!
Old 03-07-2013, 12:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Subscribed.....
Old 03-07-2013, 12:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to getting it installed. For once, I was logical about modding my car and went ahead and spent the money on something that I'm going to need in order to put the power to the ground. The sexy thing to do would have been to get the heads and nitrous kit, but what good would all that power do without being able to use in on the street. I opted for the Stage 3 because it was only $50.00 more and I'm pretty sure 700hp/700tq is the most I'll ever make.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:25 PM
TECH Resident

installd my monster level 3\28lb flywheel combo and only have about 100 miles on it so far but it keeps getting better and better feeling and driving as its breaking in. i dont have a tick master just the drill mod. cant wait to hit 500 miles on and give it hell
Old 03-07-2013, 02:20 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the support man. Let us know how you like it
Old 03-07-2013, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You'll like the feel of the clutch pedal. I have yet to fully get on mine but plan to this weekend running TnT at the dragstrip (2.3 60' FTW!).
Old 03-07-2013, 03:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Any specific way I need to break this clutch in? Is it not a good idea to get on it good until a "X" number of miles?
Old 03-07-2013, 03:47 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for the support as well Nate! We very much appreciate your return business!
Old 03-07-2013, 03:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
Thanks for the support as well Nate! We very much appreciate your return business!
I enjoy doing business with you Martin. You've always given me great information and are quick to respond to my questions. Plus, your guy's website kicks *** and is easy as hell to navigate through. I just wish I lived closer to NC so I could have you guys throw her on the dyno after I put on the heads and nitrous.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
Any specific way I need to break this clutch in? Is it not a good idea to get on it good until a "X" number of miles?
500 miles of city driving aka no highway - must be a driving setting where you are frequently shifting. After 500 miles the clutch should be seated enough that you can finally give it hell.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Rare96LT1Formula
500 miles of city driving aka no highway - must be a driving setting where you are frequently shifting. After 500 miles the clutch should be seated enough that you can finally give it hell.
Thank you, and thanks to you too Martin for replying back to my PM. That will be the gameplan then. I'll update this thread with pics once I get everything shipped to me, and then once again once everything has been installed.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:36 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
I enjoy doing business with you Martin. You've always given me great information and are quick to respond to my questions. Plus, your guy's website kicks *** and is easy as hell to navigate through. I just wish I lived closer to NC so I could have you guys throw her on the dyno after I put on the heads and nitrous.
Nate,

Thank you for the kind words, they are much appreciated. I will let Joey know you like the website as much as you do. He spends enough time keeping it up and making sure things are easy to find that he will appreciate the compliments for sure!

I wish you lived closer too so we could take it to the track and pump out some good e.t.'s!
Old 03-07-2013, 04:37 PM
TECH Resident

yeah sorry i forgot to mention those 500 miles are city driving, they want you constantly working the clutch pedal
Old 03-08-2013, 12:24 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Better late than never, Nate!

I'm finally done with my break in period and have bearing the ever living **** out of my car. Good Lord this clutch combo is AMAZING. I finally get to experience the full power of the car, and it's awesome!

As for Martins customer service, it's nothing short of incredible. In the past he's taken the time to answer all my questions, talk to my wife about an order while I was offshore, and ensure I understood everything so there were no issues.

You're gonna love the clutch. Steve's done a hell of a job with these.

Did you get ARP everything? What FW did you go with?
Old 03-08-2013, 12:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by dr_whigham

I'm finally done with my break in period and have bearing the ever living **** out of my car. Good Lord this clutch combo is AMAZING. I finally get to experience the full power of the car, and it's awesome!

As for Martins customer service, it's nothing short of incredible. In the past he's taken the time to answer all my questions, talk to my wife about an order while I was offshore, and ensure I understood everything so there were no issues.

I went with GM bolts and the standard 28 flywheel. I did opt for the Stage 3 though because I'm going to be adding heads and nitrous, which should put in the 600 rwhp ballpark with a 150 shot.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:56 PM
On The Tree

You will love the monster clutch
Old 03-08-2013, 01:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

I tell you, with all the good things I've read about the Monster clutches and the Tick Master Cylinder, I know I made a good, smart, decision. I'm glad you saw this Dr. Whigam. I was waiting for you to reply. You were one of the reasons I started looking into the Monster clutches in the first place. Our setups are very similar and I know once I add heads to the mix and throw a 150 shot at it, I am going to need a good clutch to hold that kind of power. The next small thing on my list will be to get a MGW shifter and shif ****.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:09 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I see some AFR 210's in your future!

Can't go wrong with the MGW. If Tick carried that it'd be a SUPER complete package...

When I add a 150 plate shot I'll step up to the stage 3 or even a Monster twin but man I'm loving this stage 2.

Future plans are a 393 stroker, have Tony Mamofy my 205's, new cam from Ed, a plate kit from Nitrous Outlet, and either a Mamofied 102 or a Mamo 102 LSX-RT. I'll be keeping the stock SS hood though with some custom fiberglass in the right places.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:31 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by dr_whigham

Dave,

Thanks for the kind words as well!

Quick Reply: Just Purchased The Monster Stage 3/Tick Master Combo