Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

t56 madness please help

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 07:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question t56 madness please help

i put an 5-6 driven gear on my main shaft due because it got lo0se and was vibrating at high speeds and making gear shift buss , because it was riding up against my synchronizor , now that gone and all is smooth until i let off the gas in 5 or 6th it good for a second then it starts to vibrate only in 5,6 gear and as i put a load on it it goes away is this caused by to much end play on my 5,6th extension shaft this is drivining me crazy

things i have done : chuck the input shaft in lathe it was good not bent, put in viper main shaft , new synchronizors , bearing look good, no vibration in 1-4 but 5-6 is not right oh put in 5-6 driven gear, new extension housing, drive shaft balanced twice, and pull rear end down checked all good , replaced cluth ,

im,doing this my self need help and i didnt check end play because i didnt change the bearings ,wondering if any one else has run in to this?

I am sick of this trans i'm tired of messing with it please help

Last edited by M1SERY; 03-11-2013 at 12:08 AM. Reason: unfinished input
Old 03-10-2013, 12:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by M1SERY
i put an 5-6 driven gear on my main shaft due because it got lo0se and was vibrating at high speeds and making gear shift buss , because it was riding up against my synchronizor , now that gone and all is smooth until i let off the gas in 5 or 6th it good for a second then it starts to vibrate only in 5,6 gear and as i put a load on it it goes away is this caused by to much end play on my 5,6th extension shaft this is drivining me crazy

things i have done : chuck the input shaft in lathe it was good put in viper main shaft , new synchronizor bearing look good no vibration in 1-4 but 5-6 is not right oh put in 5-6 driven gear new extension drive shaft balanced twice and pull rear end down checked all good , replaced cluth

I am sick of this trans i'm tired of messing with it please help
How much end play does your extension shaft have?

How are you balancing shafts?

What is a synchronizer bearing ?

Are you doing all this "work" yourself?
Old 03-11-2013, 12:11 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI
How much end play does your extension shaft have?

How are you balancing shafts?

What is a synchronizer bearing ?

Are you doing all this "work" yourself?
sry, for confussion I fixed the post
Old 03-11-2013, 04:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by M1SERY
things i have done : put in viper main shaft , new synchronizors , put in 5-6 driven gear, new extension housing,

im,doing this my self need help and i didnt check end play because i didnt change the bearings ,wondering if any one else has run in to this?
So by your logic, bearings can be longer or shorter and affect clearances, but mainshafts, synchros, gears, and housings are all 100% accurate 100% of the time..

Sorry, but anytime you change a part, you have to check and set clearances...
Old 03-11-2013, 05:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI
So by your logic, bearings can be longer or shorter and affect clearances, but mainshafts, synchros, gears, and housings are all 100% accurate 100% of the time..

Sorry, but anytime you change a part, you have to check and set clearances...
ok Mike i'm following u ,
in your opion , if this was your tranmission would you just shim it out or would you put in new bearing and then shim it.

Quick Reply: t56 madness please help