Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

T/a getting a new interior makeover.... Pics inside..

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 08:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default T/a getting a new interior makeover.... Pics inside..

So, this has been a while in the coming, but finally getting around to bringing up to specs the interior of my T/A... I had the whole car repainted back in '09 and always knew I needed to get the interior redone to match the outside... It is still a work in progress, but it's finally coming together and should be done by the end of the month or so.. This probably could have went into the "What did you do to your Firebird today" thread, but figured I'd just start this one...

Anyhow, doing all new carpet, vinyl/leather seats, shift boot, center console lid cover, new vinyl in hatch area over sub box & amp rack, and some painted dash pieces.. Will continue to post pics as new stuff gets done, but this is what we got so far.......

This is what the rear hatch area looks like now... Will have updated pic soon.....

Old 03-10-2013, 01:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks sick! Not a big fan of the painted dash bezel but car still looks awesome. Was it expensive?
Old 03-10-2013, 01:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

looks good , not a fan of the system but the rest looks great . Very nice .
Old 03-10-2013, 02:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Blackpanther99
Looks sick! Not a big fan of the painted dash bezel but car still looks awesome. Was it expensive?

The interior kit was about $1000. Haven't quite tally'd up what the material for the rear is yet.... So, it is what it is... As far as the instrument bezel goes, I still need to paint the radio bezel and the glovebox door.. Saw this car and thought it looked quite nice so thought I'd try it...

So hoping that when the rest of the red gets in the car and the other dash pieces get done, it pulls it all together... Will see...
Old 03-10-2013, 02:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Those seats look great. Who made the covers?
Old 03-10-2013, 02:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BLK95-Z
Those seats look great. Who made the covers?

They can be bought as an entire kit from a place called Camarokingla.com. They can do some different embroidery work as well if you want different writing.. Also can get the shift boot and the center console cover too thru them... They even have a trophy mat that can sit in your rear hatch then pull out and set your accolades on it in front of you car at shows... They have lots of different color combos and styles of the kits...
Old 03-10-2013, 05:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ill be checking it out. Looks well done!
Old 03-10-2013, 06:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hmm I see your car is black, what are you doing on the outside accent wise?
Old 03-10-2013, 06:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'll leave the color dashes for the import crowd, but damm those custom seats are awesome - great job
Old 03-10-2013, 06:22 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Where did you get the bezel for your CD player with the Trans Am logo on it, and do they make the same piece for Firebirds / Formulas?
Old 03-10-2013, 06:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by greenvortec97
Hmm I see your car is black, what are you doing on the outside accent wise?

The car is actually NBM. Red accents on the outside as well. Looks like this.....

Old 03-10-2013, 06:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
Where did you get the bezel for your CD player with the Trans Am logo on it, and do they make the same piece for Firebirds / Formulas?
The car in the pics u are talking about with the bezel isn't my car.. Just a photo showing what I may try do with the painted interior panels.. Can't take credit for that one....
Old 03-10-2013, 06:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm not a fan of the system in the hatch but everything looks nice.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:37 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by gulfstreamcpt
The car in the pics u are talking about with the bezel isn't my car.. Just a photo showing what I may try do with the painted interior panels.. Can't take credit for that one....
****. Do you know where those pics came from? The only thing stopping me from taking the stock stereo out of my car is I can't find a good bezel for a single DIN CD player.. everything I've seen so far just looked stupid.. but that looks awesome. Oh well, maybe if someone else in the thread knows, they can point me the right way.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:52 PM
On The Tree

****. Do you know where those pics came from? The only thing stopping me from taking the stock stereo out of my car is I can't find a good bezel for a single DIN CD player.. everything I've seen so far just looked stupid.. but that looks awesome. Oh well, maybe if someone else in the thread knows, they can point me the right way.

No, can't say I know where that came from, sorry.... Thanks all for the props... I'm really getting excited to see this thing with all things completed.. The interior needed color SOOOOOOOOOO bad.....
Old 03-14-2013, 10:23 PM
Teching In

I've got to say, killer idea for the interior. And yours is coming along quite nicely. And this is probably one of THE best looking NBM TA's I've ever seen. Beautiful! I've got an NBM '00 WS6 Formula that I was thinking of painting a gloss white, and redoing the interior black/white... but you made me like my NBM even more. Now I'm on the fence of the colour change. I'll be checking in from time to time to see the progress of your work though. Keep it up.

And DrEvyl... I think that's the typical bezel for the radio. Looks similar to mine... He just customized it a bit with the Trans Am logo. But I agree, they're ugly looking. Just have to do some customization work I guess.

Last edited by HellzAssassin; 03-14-2013 at 10:30 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:03 AM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=HellzAssassin;17229535]I've got to say, killer idea for the interior. And yours is coming along quite nicely. And this is probably one of THE best looking NBM TA's I've ever seen. Beautiful! I've got an NBM '00 WS6 Formula that I was thinking of painting a gloss white, and redoing the interior black/white... but you made me like my NBM even more. Now I'm on the fence of the colour change. I'll be checking in from time to time to see the progress of your work though. Keep it up.

Thanx son..... Will definitely keep the pics coming as I get new progress..

Yeah, I understand about being on the fence about the color change.. It can be a tough decision.. I really like NBM, but that's a personal choice.. If you would like to get more of an idea what the black/white can look like, go to Camarokingla.com. That's where I got my seat kit. They sell cars too. Many have the interior kits in them already. On the home page you'll see the cars listed on the left side of the page. Scroll down to #129. It's a white WS6 with a cream/charcoal interior.. (I know not quite white, but it's close and can give you a bit of an idea). Maybe can help out the decision making process.....
Old 03-15-2013, 08:23 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh well, maybe if someone else in the thread knows, they can point me the right way.
HUMount / Maptech makes those with Trans Am, Firebird and Formula available. You can get illumination or none at all.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:47 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by SweeTbone
HUMount / Maptech makes those with Trans Am, Firebird and Formula available. You can get illumination or none at all.
Thanks, dude! You rock!
Old 03-15-2013, 04:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car looks great OP, why would you need so many amps though? Im no stereo expert, but wouldnt one bigger one be better?

Quick Reply: T/a getting a new interior makeover.... Pics inside..