Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

New LS1 owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New LS1 owner

I just picked up an 01 T/A after owning 5 mustangs. My question is this: I put on a Volant cai and it was fine for a few days and then the check engine light came on. I changed out the air temp sensor (it was toast) but the light is still on. How do I clear the light? Will I have to clear it again when I change out the tb next week?
Old 03-10-2013, 06:38 PM
Teching In

I actually got the same problem today. I have the Volant CAI in and for some reason as I was accelerating that Service Engine soon light came on. Not related but my Change oil light won't stop appearing even though I had already changed it...
Old 03-11-2013, 10:12 AM
Launching!

You have to turn the key on without starting and hold the trip reset button for 10 seconds to reset oil light. and to reset the ECU you have to have the car running and pull (I think) fuse 10 out of the panel under the hood on the driver side. Sorry haven't been the one to actually pull the fuse. The car will stall, turn it off put the fuse back and start it (it will not want to idle for a while so just give it some time to relearn), this should help with future ses lights for little mods like a cold air and stuff
Old 03-11-2013, 12:41 PM

Thanks!
Old 03-14-2013, 05:28 PM

Actually, I bought a scanner and erased the code. Apparently my catalyst is underperforming. Eh, time for headers.

Quick Reply: New LS1 owner