Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

A4 to M6 swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 07:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A4 to M6 swap

What's up guys? I'm pretty new to ls1tech so help me out here. I've found a few good guides for doing the swap on my 95 z28, but I'm not going to lie. I'm still rather nervous. This is my first venture at modding my car .
So here's my question, what other mods go well with doing this swap? The car is and will still be my DD even after the swap. I plan on swapping the 3.23s for richmond 3.73s with in the next coming months, and that's about all I've come up with at this point. I like doing my own work, for 1 it saves money, 2 I'm a gear head and love learning to do things myself and 3 the Army trusts me to work on a 12 million dollar helicopter so I think I can handle this. Haha. Not cocky, just confident.
But yeah guys, any advice for the swap and future mods?
Old 03-11-2013, 07:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats for attempting it yourself. Just keep reading and reading to gain the most knowledge you can. I would spend my time in the transmission forums.

It will be worth it!
Old 03-11-2013, 07:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks man, yeah I've read and read and read some more. I would post links to what guides I've found but I'm on my phone at the moment. Haha. The only thing that has me stumped is the lingo and names of certain parts they mention in the guides. If it was a little more clear for a noob like me, it would be a little easier to figure out. Haha.
One thing I have noticed that I haven't found in ANY of the swap guides are torque specs.
Maybe I just haven't found the right one yet.

Quick Reply: A4 to M6 swap