Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls1 swapped 240sx, no fuel or spark. Any Help???

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 12:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Ls1 swapped 240sx, no fuel or spark. Any Help???

Hey tech,

I have a ls1 swapped 240sx and I can not get it started. I have power to the chassis and the starter turns the motor, but I have no fuel or spark. My fuel pump isn't even priming when the ignition is in ON position.

Any ideas?
Old 03-13-2013, 02:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You will need to check your wiring and power connections.. both direct Battery 12v and Ign 12v.. make sure the Ign 12v is powering the PCM on both Key position (Start and Run) without any interuption.

Next check to make sure you are getting power to the Coils, Injector and that the pump does prime for a few seconds.

Did you disable the VATS ?

Make sure you have good grounds and that they are connected to the back of the heads as required on the harness. Double check everything again, and again...

Who did the harness and PCM Flashing ?

BC
Old 03-13-2013, 04:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bczee
You will need to check your wiring and power connections.. both direct Battery 12v and Ign 12v.. make sure the Ign 12v is powering the PCM on both Key position (Start and Run) without any interuption.

Next check to make sure you are getting power to the Coils, Injector and that the pump does prime for a few seconds.

Did you disable the VATS ?

Make sure you have good grounds and that they are connected to the back of the heads as required on the harness. Double check everything again, and again...

Who did the harness and PCM Flashing ?

BC
Ok, I'll check all of that. Thanks.

I disabled VATS by borrowing a buddies HP tuners and Wiring Specialties made the harness. I don't believe the pcm has been reflashed (it is the original one that came with my motor set). I really don't know much about wiring or tuning, but can I use the HP Tuners to help find the problem?
Old 03-13-2013, 08:43 PM
TECH Resident

If you have no fuel, no spark, and no fuel prime, then I highly suspect a wiring issue. A VATS issue will only cause a fuel injector pulse cut. Make sure the off/run/crank voltage reference is supplying power at all key positions.

HPT probably won't help if all you did was disable VATS. Use the scanner's controls to try commanding the fuel pump on and see what happens.

Quick Reply: Ls1 swapped 240sx, no fuel or spark. Any Help???