Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plug Pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 11:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plug Pics

Attached are a couple of pics of my plugs on my N20 tune after driving around for about 100 miles. 70% 93 and 30% 110 fuel mix. 9* pulled Br8ef plug. 6 of them look fairly clean and #6 and #8 are the dirty ones. Why so rich on those two cylinders? Thanks..
Attached Thumbnails Plug Pics-img_0808.jpg   Plug Pics-img_0809.jpg  
Old 03-16-2013, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sometimes the pressure on the fuel line can paint them a little after sitting a few days, but those two look like they are fouled. get rid of any that have that glazed over look.

What I do is put a new one in before crank off on the line, then pull it out at the end of the strip. This will give you a good estimate of the nitrous plug tune.

Can you get a better shot of the dry ones? Hard to see, but almost looks like too much spark and too rich when n/a. Ground strap looks like it heated pretty for towards the base and the ceramic, as dirty as is, looks like it has speckles on it.

btw, I would check static compression/leak down on those cylinders if you see that again.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:31 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Can't tell after they've been drove on.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:59 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 03EBZ06
sometimes the pressure on the fuel line can paint them a little after sitting a few days, but those two look like they are fouled. get rid of any that have that glazed over look.

What I do is put a new one in before crank off on the line, then pull it out at the end of the strip. This will give you a good estimate of the nitrous plug tune.

Can you get a better shot of the dry ones? Hard to see, but almost looks like too much spark and too rich when n/a. Ground strap looks like it heated pretty for towards the base and the ceramic, as dirty as is, looks like it has speckles on it.

btw, I would check static compression/leak down on those cylinders if you see that again.
Do this. Event warm the engine up on a used set, install new fresh plugs, tow to the starting line or pull out onto the street, make a hit, kill the motor without idling, perferably right as you get off the nitrous and throttle, tow back, read plugs.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:51 AM
10 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
Can't tell after they've been drove on.

what he said

Quick Reply: Plug Pics