General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Swapping DBW pedals????

Old 03-16-2013, 12:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swapping DBW pedals????

I have an 07 6.2 out of an Escalade. The problem is the gas pedal from the truck will not fit right into the car we are putting the engine in. So I got a pdeal from an 06 Colorado. The pedals look identical except that the plastic foot pad is in a different position that will work for me. Can I use the 06 pedal with the 07 6.2 ECU? I opened up the 07 pedal and saw that there is a chip in there could I just put that chip from the Escalade into the Colorado pedal and call it a day? Thanks
Old 03-19-2013, 11:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard you can swap the chip, but I can't confirm it.

I will share this with you, I just went thru testing three different pedals on my car. I originally had an 06 vette pedal and my engine is out of my 06 CTS-V the transmission is out of a SS trailblazer. I found out after much wire tracing and checking with the tech 2 that I needed to purchase a SS trailblazer because the base file in my computer was set for a SS trailblazer and if the gas pedal doesnt see the right voltage it will not work!!!! Even though the plugs the same and even if you place the wire color code in the same sequence. Just thought I would share my expierence with you. My car would idle but not rev up when pushing on the pedal.

Good luck!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Swapping DBW pedals????