Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

speedo not correct after gear change

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 08:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speedo not correct after gear change

I bought a 95 Formula LT1 from a kid. Motor was from A 94 VETTE and they also changed gear ratio to 3.73. I need a tune for this setup in TunerPro RT. I would imagine somone out there has a good tune for this. Other than that there is a better torque converter (not sure of stall speed) prob stock tho. cold air intake. and a catback exhaust. mostly just stock vette LT1 other than that

Let me Know if you can help!!! Or where I can start
Old 03-18-2013, 07:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Start Here............

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...rmation-EE-EEB
Old 03-19-2013, 07:43 AM
Launching!

awesome link man.. I am just starting to check out the link for changing gears. but those trouble codes and stuff are awesome to have....
Old 03-19-2013, 08:41 AM
Launching!

okay so i have all that info. Got it punched into tunerproRT. How do I load it to my ecm. and also how would i save the tune thats in now just incase something goes haywire and I need to go back to factory tune.... Since I am new to the tuning game these are the only 3 parameters i am gonna mess with now so I don't screw nothing up. for now anyway till i get some practice with changing and adjusting things.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It should just be a drop down menu.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like you need to start over. If you do not have a cable or the bin in your car saved it sounds like you are going to load an internet tune, risky.
I have played around with RT and it leaves quite a bit to be desired. TunerCat is pretty cheap. AKM has real good cables for $90, Win-Flash is $20 with that you can get the bin from your car label it stock and keep it that way then make a copy of it rename it
make your changes and load it in the car. TC has a complete set up software hardware logger at a good price...

http://www.tunercat.com/tnr_desc/do_tc.html

If you decide to keep using RT gearhead is a better place for support RT also has its own forum.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:15 AM
Launching!

I have been on the gearhead website. they definitely have a lot of info there. I just can't seem to figure out how to actually make any changes to anything. In tunerpro It says there is an emulation mode which you can change things and it automatically makes the changes in the pcm. I really would like to start tuning, But I am still a little wet behind the ears and can't seem to even figure out changing my speedo and stuff. anyone know of a really good writeup where it really gets u started.

Last edited by ugod02010; 04-01-2013 at 04:46 PM. Reason: pain to understand

Quick Reply: speedo not correct after gear change