Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Catback w/ dual tips

Old 03-19-2013, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Catback w/ dual tips

After a ridiculous amount of looking for an exhaust set up for my car, I've landed on TSP 1 7/8 w/ ORY and a magnaflow catback. I want quad tips, but am not liking the magnaflows. I prefer the SLP tips, but I prefer the quieter magnaflow.

What can I do to make the magnaflow catback work w/ SLP quad tips? I looked into Hooker and it seems their QC has been down, Corsa is ridiculously expensive... anyone have any insight?

Thanks
Old 03-19-2013, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Modify...buy the quad slps..cut off the magnaflows and sell them on here. It'll equal itself out
Old 03-19-2013, 08:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have some Corsa tips, perfect condition, for sale here:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/midwest-c...1-kyb-bmr.html
Old 03-19-2013, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 97ss497
I have some Corsa tips, perfect condition, for sale here:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/midwest-c...1-kyb-bmr.html
For some reason, the site isn't allowing me to follow that link.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by justin hover
Modify...buy the quad slps..cut off the magnaflows and sell them on here. It'll equal itself out
That's not a bad idea!

I am going to have a shop do the install, I have never done a full exhaust install before and don't want to jack it up. I also want to do the mounts while the headers are out. Do you think they'll charge me a ton to do the tip swap?
Old 03-20-2013, 08:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DrBlockHed
After a ridiculous amount of looking for an exhaust set up for my car, I've landed on TSP 1 7/8 w/ ORY and a magnaflow catback. I want quad tips, but am not liking the magnaflows. I prefer the SLP tips, but I prefer the quieter magnaflow.

What can I do to make the magnaflow catback work w/ SLP quad tips? I looked into Hooker and it seems their QC has been down, Corsa is ridiculously expensive... anyone have any insight?

Thanks
If im getting this right, your saying you've already purchased a magnaflow cat back with quad tips but do not like them? I have this problem where i'm a genius and only tightened down one of my tips when installing my magnaflow cat back with the quad tips..needless to say i lost one of them..quickly replaced them with corsa clones..really would like to go back to magnaflow 4" dual tips (if you have these tips i will trade you a set of corsa clones for 1 magnaflow dual tip) if i completely misunderstood this and you have yet to get an exhaust than sorry for the giant paragraph i just wrote lol
Old 03-20-2013, 11:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Drake_28
If im getting this right, your saying you've already purchased a magnaflow cat back with quad tips but do not like them? I have this problem where i'm a genius and only tightened down one of my tips when installing my magnaflow cat back with the quad tips..needless to say i lost one of them..quickly replaced them with corsa clones..really would like to go back to magnaflow 4" dual tips (if you have these tips i will trade you a set of corsa clones for 1 magnaflow dual tip) if i completely misunderstood this and you have yet to get an exhaust than sorry for the giant paragraph i just wrote lol
I have yet to make the purchase. Sorry I cant help you out chief.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Catback w/ dual tips