Sponsored by:

Jake's Performance 4L80e converters

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 03:35 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Jake's Performance 4L80e converters

Hi all,

I'm looking at purchasing a 4L80e from Jake's and getting it sent over to Australia, and noticed that Jake has converters listed on his website aswell. I haven't heard anything about these and can't really find any people using them for turbo applications.

http://www.jakesperformance.com/Converters.html

Can anyone who has an experience with these let me know how they are, or if there are other converters that I should be looking into?

Will be going into my 2002 WH Statesman, which will have an AES 390ci setup and twin S366 turbos, it weighs about 4400# and is mostly for street use. 60ft times aren't really a big deal for me as the car is very under-tyred and there isn't really any room to put decent tyres on it without significant hacking.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:46 PM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

A good percentage of our customers are turbo combos. Probably 60-70% and we sell quite a few of the billet 4L80E converters. Hopefully some of our customers will post up.

We have some customers using other companies converters, which I have no issue with as long as it's a quality converter. We've seen some interesting stuff come through the shop.

Converters not tig welded and furnace brazed that were advertised to be (from more than one popular company), and last week we had a popular brand converter, sold by a highly respected transmission company that was sold and billed as a 5 disc, yet when cut open, it was a 3 disc. Customer was less than happy.

Quick Reply: Jake's Performance 4L80e converters