Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls1 to lt1... Please tell me theres an easier way

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 01:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls1 to lt1... Please tell me theres an easier way

So i searched for 3 days now, theres gotta be an easier way than tearing the harness down. I need to use a ls1 engine harness and connect it to a lt1 harness. Please tell me theres an easier way.....
Old 03-22-2013, 08:39 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Standalone. Feel free to call us.

Jon
PSI

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 03-22-2013, 10:55 PM
FormerVendor

i don't think anyone makes a complete plug & play harness. you'll have to get a stand alone & mate it to your factory harness. i've heard nothing but good things about PSI.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:47 AM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Here's the one that went into my 1995 Z28..notice the three Connectors under the Dash(C210, C220, C230), and the single C100 Connector on the Wheel Well. I go through the Harness, get rid of the junk, and consolidate the wires into if possible the least amount of connectors as possible. I was running a 85mm MAF on this one too.

Ofcourse for the 1998 Camaro it was re-done with a few modifications, and for the 1984 SS I even got it down to one C210 Connector under the Dash, and one C100 Connector on the Fender.

This Harness here is currently in this car: https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...going-lq9.html

I had to fix that one after a company he sent it to muffed it bad.

Both of these are T56 Harnesses, I've done A4 Harnesses too. One thing I do to is relocate the primary O2 Sensor Connectors to the top side of the Transmission, helps with them Long Tube Headers.
Three Factory Connectors under the Dash, and one on the Wheel Well..all direct plug n play.

DISCLAIMER****** This is not advertising, just answering RPM Graphics question on how this is possible.
Helping people gain knowledge, one post at a time. Cause Knowledge is power. GI Joe.

Last edited by the_merv; 03-24-2013 at 11:19 AM.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:11 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RPM Graphics
i don't think anyone makes a complete plug & play harness. you'll have to get a stand alone & mate it to your factory harness. i've heard nothing but good things about PSI.
Actually, we make a plug and play harness that comes with the factory fbody grommet, heat tape, clips, and A/C vac. line.......

As far as I know we are the only company that offers this, and we carry the f-body specific firewall grommet so you wont have to cut up your car for a different grommet.

Here are some pictures of a recently completed 24x conversion harness, your application is basically the same thing just some different connectors and sensor locations. This is a 100% brand new harness. No Butt connectors, no cheap non-delphi ring terminals. Only the highest quality in materials. This particular harness had electric water pump wiring integrated into it.

We also can rework a factory harness to work for your application. You get what you pay for.

Bill
270-805-1777
BP Automotive

Standalone LS Swap Harnesses IN STOCK!
LSX, LTX Stand alone swap harnesses. S10 LSX conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses, 24x conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses. LT1 to LSX PLUG AND PLAY Harnesses.
sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491

Last edited by BP Automotive; 03-23-2013 at 09:27 AM.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:24 AM
11 Second Club

I got an even better one for you do-it-yourselfers...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...o-lt1-car.html

Enjoy fellas..
Old 03-23-2013, 09:51 PM
11 Second Club

Hey you cry babies you got something to say you can PM me, not the mods.

You know who you are. Nut up and come straight to me.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

I must say I do not appreciate having a totally relevant comment to the OP in regards of the issue at hand deleted just because I agreed with the notion that there are very reasonable DIY alternatives to a standalone harness, and that standalone isn't the only way to accomplish the task. If you as an enthusiast would like to pay for the ease of a harness delivered to your door, by all means do so. However, it is not the only way to get it done as you can easily modify an OEM LS harness to plug directly into an LT1 equipped car and retain full function of your stock gauges, accessories, etc..

Now if we can please proceed amicably with the topic of discussion at hand it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:22 AM
Staging Lane

I think this thread can be very helpful. I plan on ripping apart a truck harness, I don't know if this is going to be more difficult but I am going to try it when it comes time.

If anyone has input to this I'm open.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:25 AM
11 Second Club

Excellent response Kenny.

Originally Posted by RPM Graphics
Now since I posed an answer to this question here I will state it again, since it was wrongfully deleted.

I, as in me, just a hands-on guy, has accomplished this task. It is not hard, and can be done. I do not need to be a sponsor in any way shape or form to answer this question. I am not selling anything here, merely answering this fella's question on what can be accomplished.

Here is my notion on this matter..

If someone claiming to do this as a business CAN'T, and I CAN, well whoever that may be that is your malfunction, not mine, so be professional, figure it out like I did, and stop crying. Don't let the little guy beat you at your own game.

This is a technical forum. This is designed to help people out. And I took the time to make this wonderful piece of information here https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...o-lt1-car.html to assist those with trying to accomplish this on their own. Some are the hands on type and with proper guidance have accomplished this task. This is by no means copywrited or patented, it was information I personally put out here on this forum to help individuals. That is what this forum is here for. I did the work, and took the time to come up with technical help, I'll post it wherever I see the need.

So to COMPLAIN about me assisting with this one question in this thread then you might aswell go into every thread where someone asks how to change a Head or pull and Engine and tell them to go to a garage or a shop and pay instead of wanting to do it on their own. Ontop of that you might aswell go into any swap thread or build thread and complain that someone made it to undermine a shop or garage that could've built the vehicle. Lets get them all deleted and see how many topics are left in this forum.

This is extremely UNPROFFESSIONAL and ridiculous that someone would complain enough to where technical information is being shut out of a forum designed for it cause some money can be made. You may pay for the sponsorship to advertise your work, that is NOT pay to shut out those of us with relevant information to the matter.

Anyone has a problem with this fell free to contact me. I'm a very open and communicative person.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:27 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Z28-Vortec
I have PLENTY of technical professional information for you there sir, what do you want to know?

Old 03-24-2013, 08:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Z28-Vortec
I think this thread can be very helpful. I plan on ripping apart a truck harness, I don't know if this is going to be more difficult but I am going to try it when it comes time.

It would depend on the vehicle, if you have an LT1 Fbody and want to drop an LS engine in it, a 99-02 Fbody harness would be ideal due to the layout. Also, if you're using a 4L60E, 4L80E, or a T56, you'd want a corresponding A4 or M6 donor harness. If you're using a Powerglide, TH350, TH400, TH200-4R, 700-R4, T-10, M22, M21 etc., it doesn't matter which harness as your car will be tuned similar to a manual car anyway.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:00 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Merv,

You post lots of great information! There is nothing wrong with DIYing anything, and that is why I offer plenty of DIY kit items, and many options. That is also why I answer most any specific question that someone would have to doing this swap. Which you almost never see. The mods watch this forum especially because of people trying to advertise in here a lot. (not infering to you.)

All,

The administrators and mods watch this because without sponsors there wouldnt be any help. Sponsors pay thousands of dollars a year to sponsor this site, and without them you would get "page not found" when you typed www.ls1tech.com into your address bar.

This last statement is not pointed twords anyone in this thread. Its twords people like the ebay rework guy who comes in here and starts posts advertising in here and never contributing. (which most people never see because the mods delete them VERY quickly.)

It is VERY disrespectful to the sponsors that spend thousands of their hard earned dollars to advertise in here and keep ls1tech up and running.

Before I was ever a sponsor I reported people to the mods, because when I was just a member I came to the above realization.

I understand as gearheads we are always looking for the best deals, but keep in mind what all the sponsors do to be here, and the fact that this is how some of us feed our families. It would be like someone going to where you work and telling your boss that they will work for $5 an hour less than you.

LSX, LTX Stand alone swap harnesses. S10 LSX conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses, 24x conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses. LT1 to LSX PLUG AND PLAY Harnesses.
sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491
Old 03-24-2013, 11:10 AM
11 Second Club

That was the mere point of my post that was deleted. I was showing RPM Graphics there that this was possible, that's it. Those two pics I posted are ones that I took from other build threads which I posted them in.

Yea I understand completely the whole sponsor concept, I have no problem with that when it's used in the correct manner. And yes it is appreciated to keep this site going.

Now taking into account some people are on a limited budget (in all reality we all try to spend as little as possible ) I came up with what I did for the DIY guy. That's not undermining anyone..some people have the skills, they just need to be shown what is what. It's like building an Engine..it helps to read it every now and then to make sure you get it right.

Now the Ebay crap is completely understandable..I completely agree with your point on that. There are plenty of guys that can and have done the same thing that I have tho..I just made a post showing it.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:28 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

There are a lot of people who do not know that I build lsx swap plug and play harnesses for ltx f body cars. That is why I posted in response to the thread.

I try and get a feel when someone posts a thread like this as to if they can PROPERLY do what they need for the wiring. Just because they get it to start and put a little mileage on it, doesnt mean that a poorly modified harness will not leave them stranded sooner or later.

The hard part isnt finding the connectors and soldering them on. The hard part is getting the right materials and proper techniques to ensure a reliable, long lasting wiring job.

sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491
Old 03-24-2013, 11:56 AM
11 Second Club

Oh I hear you on that one..I've seen wiring that looked like someone stripped a Harness, dragged it down a road for 5 miles, then hooked it up under a hood and wondered why fuses keep blowing..things that make you shake your head. lol.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:52 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by the_merv
I have PLENTY of technical professional information for you there sir, what do you want to know?

Originally Posted by 93Z2871805
It would depend on the vehicle, if you have an LT1 Fbody and want to drop an LS engine in it, a 99-02 Fbody harness would be ideal due to the layout. Also, if you're using a 4L60E, 4L80E, or a T56, you'd want a corresponding A4 or M6 donor harness. If you're using a Powerglide, TH350, TH400, TH200-4R, 700-R4, T-10, M22, M21 etc., it doesn't matter which harness as your car will be tuned similar to a manual car anyway.

Thanks both of you for adding and helping other members.

I have a 94 Z28 with a T56.
I am planing on using a LQ4, with the harness and computer that it came with. So I don't know if I would be getting myself into something that would be more difficult than just getting an LS1 harness. So would I be able to wire in T56 and the other connectors to plug to the car? I also have a Viper keyless and alarm, but that should just be on the BCM side of things, I didn't install it so I have no idea. I mean it looks overwhelming but start somewhere to learn.

As for tuning, my roommate has HPTuners.

As of right now I have found someone that is selling a LQ4 in my area for really cheap, kind of have a feeling the block is cracked but I'm going to check it out, never know.

I will hopefully have everything to at least build the motor and harness by this summer. Slow process, just not enough time.

Thanks again, I'm sure I'll have more questions once I start getting more of my parts
Old 03-27-2013, 10:03 PM
Launching!

Im having bill at bp Automotive do my lt to ls wiring harness right now

Quick Reply: Ls1 to lt1... Please tell me theres an easier way