Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

advise on install

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 03:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default advise on install

i have bought some new goodies, any suggestions on install order or tips from who have done it already

springs
shocks (adjustablee)
torque arm (adjustable)
pan hard rod (adjustable) - not in pics
lower control arms (adjustable)
subframe connectors -not in pics
relocation brackets
Attached Thumbnails advise on install-99-parts.jpg  
Old 03-23-2013, 06:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Do the Tq Arm while the rear is down.. Trust me.. Unless I'm the only idiot that installed it with the bolts going from top to bottom.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:15 PM
Staging Lane

any more advice????
Old 03-24-2013, 06:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Do the springs, shocks, PHB, LCA's, LCA RLB's and TQ Arm at once. You'll need the PHB on for lowering to center the back end. You'll pretty much have to drop the back end to do all that anyway. It's not hard, depending on your abilities.

Then you can do the brakes when you do the front springs and shocks or whenever you want to, doesn't have to be done in a certain order. Same with the SFC's. Best bang for the buck mod, IMO.. Next to gears.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:17 PM
Staging Lane

+1 its easiest to do everything all at once, but as long as your not installing lowering spring (where everything will need adjustment) you can do the shocks and springs as one, and save the LCAs, torque arm, and PHB for another day. I would do the SFCs first though. Make sure to tighten everything down all the way with the suspension loaded, i.e. four wheels on the ground. Also make sure that when you replace the LCAs to only do one side at a time to keep the rear located properly, it'll make it easier on you. Good Luck
Old 03-24-2013, 06:23 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by kunkelz28
i have bought some new goodies, any suggestions on install order or tips from who have done it already

springs
shocks (adjustablee)
torque arm (adjustable)
pan hard rod (adjustable) - not in pics
lower control arms (adjustable)
subframe connectors -not in pics
relocation brackets
Honestly, if the car is going to be down one time until things are done, I would just do it all in whatever order you want, but work one part at a time.

Otherwise, I would start with the shocks/springs. You will need a spring compressor for the fronts, but the install is straight forward. Rear is super easy.

Then, I would do the sub frame connectors. Do the sub frame connectors tie into the lca's? (Meaning do you have to remove the front bolt for the LCA to install the sfc). If so, I would do the LCA and relocation brackets at the same time you put on the sfc.

After that, its up to you one which to put on as far as the PHB and torque arm. I don't have a torque arm so I just put on the PHB.

Also, with the adjustable stuff, put the stock item down and use the bolts to get them lined up as close as you can. Next, tighten down the adjustments so it doesn't come loose. The PHB, I put it to the stock length and then adjusted it as needed on the car.

Never did a torque arm, so hopefully someone else will guide you there.

After everything is done, take the car and get it aligned at a shop that will make the necessary adjustments, even on the rear, to get the car to track straight.

Have fun adding all of the parts.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:56 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for all the advice, i am just waiting on some warmer weather..... its still cold and snower here in MN

Quick Reply: advise on install