Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carb back to EFI

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 10:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Carb back to EFI

I have a carburator set up right now and want to convert back to efi. What all do I need to do this? I have nothing efi related, so I know I need a harness, knock sensors, ecu, injectors, intake manifold, and throttle body, anything else? What is the cheapest way to get this stuff and what can I get to tune myself easily that doesn't require dyno tuning. As a reference point I'm running a mostly stock Ls1 with an ms4 cam kit. Thanks in advance for the help
Old 03-24-2013, 01:49 PM
Launching!

I was thinking about a FAST efi set up to bolt onto my carb intake, anyone have any experience with those?
Old 03-24-2013, 08:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had it on my lq4 with cam. I could never figure out how to dial in the timing and the efi and ez efi would get in fights and then motor would die. It had great power and all. If you are good with timing tuning it may work out. It is also very expensive. You can get a harness and ecm for around 700 bucks. so that leaves 1300 for intake and fuel system. I just did the exact same swap. I had carb then ez-efi and now just did my first drive with factory efi.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another vote for the factory ecm. Your list looks good minus a maf sensor. The factory ecm can be tuned and the most popular software would be hptuners or efilive. You may try calling one of the sponsors that build harnesses and get a quote on everything you need.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:46 PM
On The Tree

With that size cam Id assume you might want to go with an aftermarket intake, tb, injectors etc. If not I have a lq4 truck intake (good for torque but tall in size), along with injectors, fuel rails,throttle body, MAF etc id be willing to sell or maybe trade you. im looking to go carb on my lq4 and need a intake and MSD 6010. If interested in working something out potentially or if you want to sell your stuff shoot me a PM
Old 03-27-2013, 10:33 AM
Launching!

Good advice guys, I'm going with a stock efi set up. Because I have an MS4 cam I'm thinking about sending my pcm to texas-speed or frost. Any suggestions?

Quick Reply: Carb back to EFI