Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Ordered the Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS package from DoubleDMods, any tips for install?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 01:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ordered the Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS package from DoubleDMods, any tips for install?

Hey guys I just purchased this package and I will be installing it in a couple of weeks. I have installed a couple HU's before so I am not too worried about it but I was just wondering if anyone had any tips as far as mounting the system and getting everything just right. This will be my first install on an f-body so I a looking forward to it, thanks.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know with the brackets they sent me I still had to notch em and drill new holes. not too bad tho
Old 03-25-2013, 07:33 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

The screen faces out toward the driver and the buttons go at the bottom. Oh, sorry... not the kind of tip you were looking for?

There is a metal tab at the back of the factory mounting tray that will have to be bent out of the way or cut off because the Pioneer is deeper than the OEM radio. You may have to trim the opening a bit - especially at the top where there are some ribs in the plastic that make it too tight to slide in the double DIN head unit. If you do a search on "double DIN" you will find some install threads with photos.

Quick Reply: Ordered the Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS package from DoubleDMods, any tips for install?