Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

few nano kit questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 07:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default few nano kit questions

First, I'm obviously new here. And I don't own a lsx motor. Had a few guys tell me to sign up here because so many use nitrous on here. My other forums only have a few people who run it.

My car is an Integra with a k20 swap. This is my 2nd nitrous setup. I am set up for a 2 stage system. Both dry shots. The first stage was tuned last year and made 324whp/260wtq with a single .048 pill ~950 psi. The 2nd stage is a direct port with 4 .030 pills. Didn't get a chance to tune it. I just redid the lines for it last week.

I have been slowly researching NANO kits over winter. I'm not sure what size I would need. I'm growing tired of relying on my heater to bring psi up and would like to enjoy the whole bottle. Any help is greatly appreciated.

And one more question regarding plugs. Currently running 2 step colder ngk 2669. I've heard about ngk surface gap plugs being used before that tend to last longer. Any insight on them and how to find an equivalent plug to what I'm using?
Old 03-24-2013, 08:28 PM
Teching In

Heres the car and setup. Last year I ran some old bfg drag radials. Purchased some 225/50/15 r888's for up front. They should hook a good bit better. I also made my nozzles and shower head at work. And over winter I redid my engine bay.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Look at the sponsors list on the right. Go to nitrous outlets site, they give good info on the different nano kits. Depends on what size bottle you are using and how big a shot you need it to support. I use the 3500 series. I too got tired of fighting the bottle heater
Old 03-24-2013, 09:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by red fury
Look at the sponsors list on the right. Go to nitrous outlets site, they give good info on the different nano kits. Depends on what size bottle you are using and how big a shot you need it to support. I use the 3500 series. I too got tired of fighting the bottle heater
Thanks I'll check it out. Forgot to add I'm using a 10lb bottle.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:10 AM
TECH Resident

I have read certain advantages to the nano, but I have also read some disadvantages. Being able to use the entire bottle is very nice, but I've read that it's hard to regulate bottle temps,especially in hot weather, that u gotta fill the nano everytime u fill the bottle, which can be a pain to find a place to fill it if u don't have your own filling station, and the tunes can be a little leaner. Keep researching about them, and form your own opinion. Good luck.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:22 PM
12 Second Club

I own a 4500psi NANO that i run on my 10lb bottle and my best piece of advice would be to make sure that you can find someone local to fill the bottle. I found it very had to find a place to fill a 4500, I wish i would of got the 3000psi.
An during the hot times of the year you are going to have to ice the n2o bottle.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by danger ds
I own a 4500psi NANO that i run on my 10lb bottle and my best piece of advice would be to make sure that you can find someone local to fill the bottle. I found it very had to find a place to fill a 4500, I wish i would of got the 3000psi.
An during the hot times of the year you are going to have to ice the n2o bottle.
I see the 3000psi kits go up to 250hp. Spraying a good bit under that. So I'm guessing that would suit me granted I could find a filling station. How much are you spraying and how many track passes per bottle?
Old 03-26-2013, 01:58 PM
12 Second Club

^ I am only spraying a 100 shot, only spraying 2nd and 3rd, an i can get 6 runs out of my 10lb bottle.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

I havent had my nitrous kit running for long but so far it is all working well. I use the 3000 psi kit because I read where people were having trouble getting places to fill the 4500 lbs bottles.

I also learned from the paint ball place not to empty the nano bottle when you go to have it filled. When filling the bottle it creates heat and increases preasure. The more they have to fill the more heat it creates and once the air in the bottle cools off you will actually lose preasure.

From talking to other people with Nano kits they say you either have to keep the nitrous bottle cool or purge off preasure to get the kit to work. Something about the Nano regulator gets to much preasure and will not work. Also like mentioned you have to watch your tune all the way to redline. Since your preasure is not falling it can run lean at the end. Both these items have talked about some already in this thread.

I believe the Nano kit is part of the reason my car did so well on nitrous. With 200 shot jets I went from 475 rwhp to 711 rwhp. 236 rwhp from a 200 pill is pretty awesome
Old 03-28-2013, 07:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Silver408z
I havent had my nitrous kit running for long but so far it is all working well. I use the 3000 psi kit because I read where people were having trouble getting places to fill the 4500 lbs bottles.

I also learned from the paint ball place not to empty the nano bottle when you go to have it filled. When filling the bottle it creates heat and increases preasure. The more they have to fill the more heat it creates and once the air in the bottle cools off you will actually lose preasure.

From talking to other people with Nano kits they say you either have to keep the nitrous bottle cool or purge off preasure to get the kit to work. Something about the Nano regulator gets to much preasure and will not work. Also like mentioned you have to watch your tune all the way to redline. Since your preasure is not falling it can run lean at the end. Both these items have talked about some already in this thread.

I believe the Nano kit is part of the reason my car did so well on nitrous. With 200 shot jets I went from 475 rwhp to 711 rwhp. 236 rwhp from a 200 pill is pretty awesome
PM sent.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:30 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Silver408z

Correct on the bottle temp vs pressure. I'm seeing consistent 1200psi from my nano kit when the nitrous bottle is 70* or warmer. Not thrilled about the purchase to be honest.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ZackMorris
Correct on the bottle temp vs pressure. I'm seeing consistent 1200psi from my nano kit when the nitrous bottle is 70* or warmer. Not thrilled about the purchase to be honest.
Never mind you said what the bottle temp was.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by ZackMorris
I'm not happy with my Nano kit either and will be selling it shortly. Even in cold weather the pressure gets too high if the bottles start out cold and warm up just a little.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i can vouch for this car lol it goes door to door with my 400whp vette before this second stage he wants to put on. cant wait to see it with the second stage caleb
Old 04-01-2013, 09:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I also sold my Nano kit after the first bottle because I wasnt aware that you had to Ice the bottle down when it got warmer out. It was truly awesome int he winter and under 80 degrees but you couldnt use it in the dead of summer because it was overpressurized.

I also had a heck of a time even finding a place to fill the 3000psi bottle. The paintball shops that were given to me by nano as filling stations looked at me like I was crazy when i took the bottle in.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:48 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had same high pressure issues and had to ice bottles as well. I eventually got hold of Tom at NANO Nitrous and sent all 4 bottles back to him. He was able to recalibrate the bottles to produce a lower psi in the nitrous bottles and have not had any issues since.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by itsslow98
I also sold my Nano kit after the first bottle because I wasnt aware that you had to Ice the bottle down when it got warmer out. It was truly awesome int he winter and under 80 degrees but you couldnt use it in the dead of summer because it was overpressurized.
Mine even gave me trouble in the winter, because if it was 30 degrees out, I'd open the bottle and the pressure would hit 1000 psi or whatever. Then when the temps in the car came up to 50 degrees or whatever, the pressure would be too high because it was already at 1000 psi in colder air.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:48 AM
9 Second Club/Nitrous Mod

My nano raised my bottle psi a tad pass 1100 as well, in 45-50* weather. Still waiting for them to get back with me..
Old 04-02-2013, 11:18 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the info guys. Looks like I'll hold off on it for now. I either need to invest in better/new heater or try and redo my wiring for my current one. It just doesn't seem to get hot enough. I redid the power wire last year and it helped a little bit.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:13 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Subscribing, I see your issues on here ScreaminRedZ. Looking at CanadianEh!'s post, looks like the bottles would have to be recalibrated at lower a PSI.

Quick Reply: few nano kit questions