Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PG issues....

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PG issues....

New Power glide went in about 2 months ago. About a 1000 miles on the street and about 30 1/8th mile passes. I used O'reillys 303 Tractor Fluid and 1 qt of type F. The trans would click very hard when you put it in reverse and instant. It would do the same when you shifted it in a forward gear.

Today driving when I put it in reverse, there was about a second delay before it was in reverse and it didn't kick in gear but did go in gear. Just more like a normal trans. When I put it in low gear to take off there was again a second delay before it "grabbed"

Once driving the car shifts to second gear hard and instant. It is just the initial shift to reverse or low. Did I screw up the trans or could I have possibly just burnt the fluid already? I checked the fluid when I got home and it was full.

Also, I use a transbrake to launch the car but I am only on the transbrake for about 4-5 secs at most.

Thanks. I was going to swap the fluid if it could just be a fluid issue and put in some Dextron III. My Th400 did this once and it was my pump that went out so I was worried the same thing may be happening. I just spent over a grand to have this one built so hopefully it isn't mechanical related.

What do you think?
Old 03-26-2013, 02:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you suspect something is wrong the first thing I would do is check your line pressure..

Quick Reply: PG issues....