What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

1996 Imapala SS low mileage

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 02:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1996 Imapala SS low mileage

My dad has a 1996 Impala SS with 21,000 miles. He's in his 70's and the car is in Mint condition. Any idea on what it's worth? KBB and NADA are way low.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 439 Likes on 317 Posts

Oh definitely! You can't look at price guides on extremely low mileage cars. They don't account for premiums which are very real when it comes to cars like your Dad's. You can't really blame the guides though because it would be almost impossible to keep up with the few that exist and what they actually sell for. Real world buyers know better though.
Let's assume the Impala is indeed 'near mint', one owner, and basically stock. These very desireable cars, although the buyer's market is limited, usually fetch in the upper teens, $15,000 - $18,000. Many owners ask $20,000 but I don't believe the actual sales figures are that high. There are several on ebay and Autotrader at any given time in that higher price ($20,000) echelon but they don't sell. You must remember that there are other examples you will be competing against, and if serious about selling the car, it must be priced right. I'll let you see the ebay cars for yourself but here are two examples on Autotrader that would be in exact competition with your Dad's car.
If you are selling , GLWS!!
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...gIndex=6&Log=0
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...gIndex=7&Log=0
Old 03-25-2013, 06:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd agree, I'd say anywhere from 15k-18k. 96 was the most desirable year, being the last and having the best features out of all the years, especially being mint with that many miles.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it. I agree, these cars are hard to find, especially stock with low miles. I love the car because it drives so nice and hate to see him sell it, but my wife hates it because she thinks it's an old persons car.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 439 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by NOZR1
Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it. I agree, these cars are hard to find, especially stock with low miles. I love the car because it drives so nice and hate to see him sell it, but my wife hates it because she thinks it's an old persons car.
Chicks!! They just don't get it sometimes. My wife feels the same way about my '87 SS.

Quick Reply: 1996 Imapala SS low mileage