Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

need paint for my repaint

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 07:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need paint for my repaint

Where is the best place to find either SOM, or Hugger orange paint by the gallon?
Old 03-26-2013, 07:44 PM
TECH Regular

Any automotive paint supply store, find a sherwin Williams,ppg, or spies hecker. You'll need the base and reducer, and possibly some hardner.then clear n primer ect.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:20 PM
TECH Regular

I'm getting ready to paint my car again soon and I'm going to use the Omni Plus paint. It's much better than the original Omni paint and much more affordable than PPG. I've talked to a few different body guys and paint stores around here and none of them have had a bad thing to say about it.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wicked 94TA
I'm getting ready to paint my car again soon and I'm going to use the Omni Plus paint. It's much better than the original Omni paint and much more affordable than PPG. I've talked to a few different body guys and paint stores around here and none of them have had a bad thing to say about it.

Omni is ppg... but yes its much more affordable then deltron or any of the higher ppg lines
Old 03-30-2013, 11:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Black99TransAm
Omni is ppg... but yes its much more affordable then deltron or any of the higher ppg lines
Never knew that, a friend of mine just painted his IROC with Omni Plus and it came out looking really nice. I'll try to get some pics of it from him.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:42 PM

Im the manager at an automotive paint store and we sell all PPG products Just make sure if you do use Omni, Omni plus, shopline, or shopline plus which is the same thing just be shure to use a higher end clear because the Omni-shopline clear WILL NOT last.... if money is tight the only Omni-shopline clear I would use is the shopline jc6700 euro clear very high solids (around 180 a setup)and pretty decent stuff for the money. but try and use something like a ppg concept dcu2021 or dcu2042 should be around 300 a gallon setup
Old 04-16-2013, 09:07 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Wicked 94TA
Omni Plus is alot easier to spray also IMO. Although i normally used PPG the Omni that i have used i like. Custom Paint Jobs i use HOK!
Old 04-17-2013, 10:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

omni plus is OK. Main complaint with the base is how much it takes to cover, even using the proper colored sealant.

Definitely use the high solids clear. Make sure you wet sand and buff it in a timely manner

Quick Reply: need paint for my repaint