Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

02 ss first mod questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 03:31 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 ss first mod questions

Here is my first mod I am going to do to my 02 SS. I want to bypass the factory cats but I am confused what brand do I use? I am new to the F bodies so your help will be appreciated!

I want a brand that you guys will know of so that is what I will buy. I want something that will bolt in without any modifications. Also is there a y pipe that has to o2 bung welded on? I heard or 02 simulators.

Thanks!
Old 03-27-2013, 04:14 AM
10 Second Club

Im not sure of a brand for a cat seeing as we dont have inspections here in OK and when I did my headers i just went into 3" exhaust. But you can have the car tuned and have your rear O2s turned off so you dont have to waste money on the simulators. I would go that route and get 2 birds one stone.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:19 AM
Teching In

Here we have inspections but my friend does it anyways so that is not a concern and they usually don't check for emissions in Hawaii.

If I were to get off road y pipes it does not have the o2 bung welded into the pipe? Can you use a hand held tuner to delete the rear o2 sensors? So if the cat is gone you don't need the o2 sensors in?

Thanks!
Old 03-27-2013, 04:37 AM
Teching In

Here we have inspections but my friend does it anyways so that is not a concern and they usually don't check for emissions in Hawaii.

If I were to get off road y pipes it does not have the o2 bung welded into the pipe? Can you use a hand held tuner to delete the rear o2 sensors? So if the cat is gone you don't need the o2 sensors in?

Thanks!
Old 03-27-2013, 03:10 PM
10 Second Club

Well ibhad mine tuned with hp tuners so I'm not sure if you can with a hand held. And if you tune the rear o2s out you can take them off. That's what I did and just wrapped the leads up out of the way. If you can get it tuned and the o2s turned off or you'll have to go with the simulators with the cats gone. I'm also unsure if ory come with the bungs. I don't think they do.

Quick Reply: 02 ss first mod questions