Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

d1sc gto question

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 11:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default d1sc gto question

I have an 06 a4 with a d1 with a 3.55 pulley. it also has kook long tubs and a blower cam (not sure the specs), 80lb injectors, 255 fuel pump. I know a few other cars with close to the same setup and bigger pulleys making more boost and more power (only made 10psi and right around 560rwhp on that set up). I was wondering could something else be holding the car back or is that about right for that setup? I thought the trans and converter were holding the car back so I upgraded them to a ptc trans/converter and added a meth kit and only got about a 20rwhp gain (584rwhp @ 10psi). I was wondering could something else be holding the car back or is that about right for that setup?
Old 03-28-2013, 12:02 AM
TECH Regular

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by UkManiac99
I have an 06 a4 with a d1 with a 3.55 pulley. it also has kook long tubs and a blower cam (not sure the specs), 80lb injectors, 255 fuel pump. I know a few other cars with close to the same setup and bigger pulleys making more boost and more power (only made 10psi and right around 560rwhp on that set up). I was wondering could something else be holding the car back or is that about right for that setup? I thought the trans and converter were holding the car back so I upgraded them to a ptc trans/converter and added a meth kit and only got about a 20rwhp gain (584rwhp @ 10psi). I was wondering could something else be holding the car back or is that about right for that setup?
Getting rid of the LS2 intake manifold and TB would help pick up some more power. You could also try running E85. Other than that, a built bigger cI motor and/or an upgrade to an F1 Procharger.

What kind of dyno were those figures on? Dynojet? Mustang dyno? Dyno dynamics? If you're comparing dynojet to mustang figures the mustangs read lower. Either way 580hp is definately more than a p1sc would make and seems ballpark, especially through an auto trans.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:34 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 409CISecondGen
Getting rid of the LS2 intake manifold and TB would help pick up some more power. You could also try running E85. Other than that, a built bigger cI motor and/or an upgrade to an F1 Procharger.

What kind of dyno were those figures on? Dynojet? Mustang dyno? Dyno dynamics? If you're comparing dynojet to mustang figures the mustangs read lower. Either way 580hp is definately more than a p1sc would make and seems ballpark, especially through an auto trans.
I was thinking about going to e85 but decided to just go with meth for now seeing if my bottom end would hold it. I am also looking into different intake and tb now.

But, it is on a dynojet. Its still in the shop getting the meth kit redone and finish the tune up on it. But my tuner told me yesterday that the 584 number was going o stay about the same.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by UkManiac99
I was thinking about going to e85 but decided to just go with meth for now seeing if my bottom end would hold it. I am also looking into different intake and tb now.

But, it is on a dynojet. Its still in the shop getting the meth kit redone and finish the tune up on it. But my tuner told me yesterday that the 584 number was going o stay about the same.
Trust me, the LS2 intake is the worst LSX intake there is. A FAST or a Cast intake with an elbow and a 102mm TB is going to pick up power, it might push you over 600whp. The FAST you have to watch out for with high boost levels though.

Here in Texas at least E85 seems prefered over meth. I have seen completely stock internals 370Zs with bolt on pick up whp with E85. Plus, from what I understand Methanol is bad for your motor where as E85 actually runs cleaner than 93, the only downside of course being fuel system requirements and gas mileage.

308-323 whp just changing over to E85 on an N/A car. On a boosted car you will pick up significant power.
http://www.the370z.com/engine-drivet...-370z-e85.html

Here's a 402 GTO running E85 with a procharger and 13psi: 720whp
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...type=3&theater

Last edited by 409CISecondGen; 03-28-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 409CISecondGen
Trust me, the LS2 intake is the worst LSX intake there is. A FAST or a Cast intake with an elbow and a 102mm TB is going to pick up power, it might push you over 600whp. The FAST you have to watch out for with high boost levels though.

Here in Texas at least E85 seems prefered over meth. I have seen completely stock internals 370Zs with bolt on pick up whp with E85. Plus, from what I understand Methanol is bad for your motor where as E85 actually runs cleaner than 93, the only downside of course being fuel system requirements and gas mileage.

308-323 whp just changing over to E85 on an N/A car. On a boosted car you will pick up significant power.
http://www.the370z.com/engine-drivet...-370z-e85.html

Here's a 402 GTO running E85 with a procharger and 13psi: 720whp
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...type=3&theater
The fuel system requirements were the main things that made me go with meth instead of e85. I had just redone my fuel system last year so I didn't really want to redone it again but I know it will help me pick up a lot more power. But, next winter I am wanting to do a stroker kit on my motor and will probably do e85 then.

Quick Reply: d1sc gto question