Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

C6 Z06 calipers on 17" wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 02:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default C6 Z06 calipers on 17" wheels

Hey guys so we all know the cts-v calipers will fit some 17" wheels with spacers. I honestly dont know if cts-v calipers will fit mine either but I was looking and it seems c6 z06 calipers dont bulge out in the front like the cts does so I'm thinking it may provide a little more spoke clearance.

I went out side and measure and found that I would only need a very small spacer to clear the c6 z06 caliper as per the kore 3 diagram. But there are some concerns of mine and questions that hopefully I can get some feedback on.

http://www.kore3.com/downloads/fitme...es/DOC0019.pdf

Here in the diagram it shows 7.92 ref on the lighter line. I'm assuming this is the measurement to the top fin on the caliper like in the next pic where it seems to bulge out a little more. Where as the bottom thicker line is at the bottom of the caliper where the fin isnt present. Does this make sense to anyone or can anyone help me understand better. 7.92" doesnt make sense even if you measure it on paper it comes out to just about 7", the direction say to just print it out and then check it against the wheel so I dont think its supposed to be scaled?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-p...hawk-pads.html

Just for comparisons sake I cute everything out and centered it on my hub and here's what I got. As you can see I cut under the lighter line so I will have to cut it again and rechecked.

So can someone help me interpret their diagram lol maybe I'm just making it harder than it is.

Last edited by redbird555; 03-31-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

from what it looks like, the "7.92" line is from the top of the caliper, to the center of the rotor where the wheel hub is.

The "1.69" line is how much the caliper sticks out from the rotor.
Youve got the picture in the wrong place.

Im not sure if that was your question.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:02 PM
TECH Veteran

ya i know its kind of hard to say lol. what i'm meaning is that in the pic it shows 7.92 which is what I would assume to be the dimensions. but if you look at the paper the instructions simply say cut this out and use it as a template to see if it will clear. to me that means the pic is actual size. however if you actually measure that distance with a tape its just over 7 inches def not 7.92.

I also wanted to ask anyone who has done the cts-v calipers on a 17" wheel could you go out to your car and measure from the center of the hub or "center" of center cap to the outside edge of the caliper. I'm thinking it should be less than the 7.9" in the diagram. this should also help me get an idea of the dimensions of what everything is
Old 03-31-2013, 11:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

That pic on that diagram is looking up from the bottom at the caliper and rotor, not from the hub side.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:45 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

perhaps that measurement on the template is a "nice to have" clearance number. I would have cut out the rotor and hub portion of the pic and slid over top of the actual rotor and hub. then install the wheel and see if it touches...the problem with that method is you're using fbody rotors which are smaller than C6 Z06 rotors...so you won't have as much space as what appears...

Last edited by brigade24; 03-31-2013 at 11:48 PM. Reason: adding details...
Old 04-01-2013, 07:44 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
That pic on that diagram is looking up from the bottom at the caliper and rotor, not from the hub side.
Ya I know its looking up from the bottom of the setup which is why I'm thinking the lighter line drawn in the pic is how much wider the caliper "fins" stick out than the bottom of the caliper. Either way measuring that out if the template is actual size is not 7.92". I emailed kore 3 so maybe they can help me out.
Originally Posted by brigade24
perhaps that measurement on the template is a "nice to have" clearance number. I would have cut out the rotor and hub portion of the pic and slid over top of the actual rotor and hub. then install the wheel and see if it touches...the problem with that method is you're using fbody rotors which are smaller than C6 Z06 rotors...so you won't have as much space as what appears...
I actually did do that and found I need a small spacer which is not a big deal. The hoop is what I'm concerned with. The idea of the template atleast from what they say is to give an accurate size comparison. It says simply cut it out and measure so idk. Hopefully someone will measure their cts-v calipers to give me an idea.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:48 AM
TECH Veteran

also to anyone wondering what i'm going for here.
Z06 style

CTS-V

Old 04-02-2013, 03:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That would be awesome if you can get this done

Quick Reply: C6 Z06 calipers on 17" wheels