Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 Escalade / LM7 heart transplant

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 03:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Escalade / LM7 heart transplant

The bottom end bearings, EGR tube and valve went on my Esclade within a week, I only had the vehicle for 3 weeks, has 187k, everything was original, so i was told. Towed it to my buddies house, he had an extra LM7 laying around with approx 80k miles on it, very clean, ran good and was dyno'd in a RX-7, made 300hp/tq.

Pulled the harness out with minor problems, pulled the engine out even easier, no broken bolts or anything with minor rust. Bought some Moroso adapter plates for the engine, bolted the bracket to the plate, trans lined with, flexplate bolt pattern matched on the LM7 for my trans surprisingly after i was told i'd need a spacer. Dropped it in and the threw bolts dont line up on the bracket and engine mount. Was told about a company "Tin Man Fabrication" but they don't sell the bracket i need so we're going to fab on up a week from monday since my buddy helping me with the swap is going on a business trip.

This is my first swap and kind of just dove head first into doing everything which is good, and fun. Will post pictures later tonight or tomorrow.

Also thinking of buying some 3" or 3.5" exhaust tubing already mandrel bent and make a new exhaust, the exhaust in it is maybe 2".
Old 04-02-2013, 11:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts

Go with the dirty dingo mounts.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Build is about 98% complete right now, i have a pinhole in the weld that a friend did on a bracket we made for the fuel lines going into the truck style intake on the 5.3, the other issue is a park/neutral safety switch issue. I would upload pictures but i broke my phone and the rest are on my Ipod. The 10 gauge purple wire that goes from the fuse box to the starter on the 350 fuse box isn't getting power when the key is turned. We cut some sheathing from the purple ignition wire from the LS fuse box and tried to jump start the wire and nothing happened. Granted the battery is around 12v, one guy said that might be just lower enough for things to styart acting up, but we took another wire and jumped it to the power terminal from the 350 fuse box and it turned over. One of the guys brought up that there may be a park/neutral safety switch problem going on. I've got 60 wiring diagrams and cannot find the big 36 pin connector going into my firewall.

Quick Reply: 2000 Escalade / LM7 heart transplant