LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

O2 sensor 94 lt1

Old 04-01-2013, 10:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O2 sensor 94 lt1

I'm putting together a new exhaust together from the headers all the way back. I want to keep O2 sensors on my 94 z28 LT1. Just curious if I should run stock O2 sensors... I was doing some research and had mixed reviews, some saying it doesn't make a difference what brand. One review indicated argued that the voltage can vary in brands other than AC Delco, and that the varying voltage could cause the PCM to run the engine leaner/richer than it actually should.

Stock or aftermarket? Any help would be great.

BTW if any additional info would help, I have a stroker kit, bigger springs, reconditioned heads, a mild cam, bbk shorty headers, magnaflow y-pipe and cat, and TBD on my muffler.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

AC-Delco.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:36 PM
Teching In

So I'm looking at a Denso; heard a rumor they have been making them for AC Delco for years... Any thoughts or experience with Denso?
Old 04-02-2013, 09:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Nucmedkahuna
So I'm looking at a Denso; heard a rumor they have been making them for AC Delco for years... Any thoughts or experience with Denso?
I went AC Delco and never looked back. Never heard of a problem with them ever. I've heard that Denso's are the good cheaper brand, but I've heard mixed reviews. Never actually personally seen any bad ones from either brand.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:35 AM
Teching In

Great thanks; The Denso turned out to be about 30% less; the only brand that seems to be getting mixed reviews is the Bosch. But it all seems to be a wash for the most part... The nice thing is the denso was almost half the price of the AC.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: O2 sensor 94 lt1