LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 Engine ID?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 10:07 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 Engine ID?

Hi guys I was told when I bought my 95 firebird formula it had a rebuilt motor from a vette around the same year. It has the spline type opti, and the crossover tube on the intake manifold for the fuel rails, which seem to point to 93-early 95. I got the numbers from by the oil filter they are 2R2220100 what did this engine come from and is it a 94 since the second is an R?
it also has aluminum heads. The numbers on the trans right in the same spot match the vin number so the trans is original just rebuilt also.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:46 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

The Vette didn't get a "special" engine and if someone was so stupid as to swap your 95 to a spline drive opti the "rebuild" is likely complete ****. The intakes are swappable year to year, the engine blocks are all the same casting.

So what exactly are you trying to find out? You want to be able to claim you have a super special corvette engine?

Fuel rail crossover and spline opti were used together in 94 on the f-bodies and Vette.
93 had the spline opti and did not have the front fuel crossover and 95 had a pin drive opti.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It came from a 1994 Pontiac.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
The Vette didn't get a "special" engine and if someone was so stupid as to swap your 95 to a spline drive opti the "rebuild" is likely complete ****. The intakes are swappable year to year, the engine blocks are all the same casting.

So what exactly are you trying to find out? You want to be able to claim you have a super special corvette engine?

Fuel rail crossover and spline opti were used together in 94 on the f-bodies and Vette.
93 had the spline opti and did not have the front fuel crossover and 95 had a pin drive opti.

Lol. Nah I no internal motors are the same I was just curious so when I go to the local auto store I know what exactly to get as I already had problems when I ordered the new cap and rotor and got the vented one from summit. I thought that serial number was a 94 Pontiac thanks guys

Quick Reply: LT1 Engine ID?