Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which y pipes bolt up to tsp lts with little to no modification??

Old 04-03-2013, 09:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Which y pipes bolt up to tsp lts with little to no modification??

So heres my problem. I have tsp 1 7/8 lts and there 3 inch y pipe. Got a tunnel mounted tq arm with a drive shaft loop and of coarse it doesnt work with the y pipe. Few things happend. One the merge is right where the crossmember is. So i had to cut the i pipe and move it back. Now it rests on the cross memeber and rattlles constantly. Also it put so much stress on the catback that it snapped my passenger side exhaust bracket hanger. So now my tail pipes are crooked and it hits the rear taking a bump

So my question is what other y pipes will bolt up to tsp headers and have good fitment and a good merge?? Or should i get a y pipe made up at a exhaust place?
Old 04-03-2013, 01:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TSP and Pacesetter
Old 04-03-2013, 03:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 88gtman
TSP and Pacesetter
Have the tsp on their now which is causing the problems. I could use a pacesetter just dont want it to hurt the flow with the bad merge n the dent in the driver side pipe that it comes with
Old 04-03-2013, 04:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That little dent has very little effect on the flow. I had to have my TSP pipe smashed down a bit to stop it from banging on the floor board. Works great and very little flattening was needed. Those are the only two I know for a fact will bolt right up to TSP headers. Your only other option is having a custom pipe made, but chances are if it is not hitting the bottom of the floor pan, it will greatly reduce your ground clearance. there is not a lot of room under there. Besides NASCARs use flattened pipes for most of their exhaust. Can't be that bad if it works for them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Which y pipes bolt up to tsp lts with little to no modification??