General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

exhaust system

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 09:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust system

can any one tell me from experience the gains to be made by true duals on an ls1 with heads and cam set up,

approximate for sure

i'm wondering because my current set up is long tube headers and borla exhaust system, think i'm got some hidden power , but read a lot of different opions on subject from lost power on dyno with cut outs to gains with full y pipe set ups, don't know

what u think??

would be interested in spending some cash if i would gain some performance
Old 04-03-2013, 10:01 PM
Teching In

my exhaust guy said he could do custom true duals for $700 thats alot wow ....i think your okay with the borla exhaust.....i guess it depends on how much air your taking in and how much your pushing out...finding the science in that is what ls1tech is all about
Old 04-03-2013, 10:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Not sure there is much power to be had since you have a free flowing exhaust already. BTW, are you running that 150 shot on top of your HCI build on the stock bottom end? If so how has that been working out for you? I'm just curious because i'm about to finalize my nitrous
Old 04-04-2013, 04:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
Not sure there is much power to be had since you have a free flowing exhaust already. BTW, are you running that 150 shot on top of your HCI build on the stock bottom end? If so how has that been working out for you? I'm just curious because i'm about to finalize my nitrous
Ran the 150 shot for 1 year and the car had it on there for 4 years before i got it , i sprayed it all the time ,, this winter when i took it down and put heads on it and fly cut the stock piston , you could not even tell it had ever been sprayed , no pitting on the top of the pistion , o , i cut the pistons .100 on the intake for clearence and i uped to 175 shot it running fine, tune for 93 pump gas and pulled 14 degrees of timing, 73nitrous and put in a 36 to get the fuel ring right on the plugs , love the nitrous and u will to make sure u pull enough timing and run the right plugs and have fun my friend

Quick Reply: exhaust system