Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP LT's + ORY Pipe +SLP LM2 Review

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 11:07 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking TSP LT's + ORY Pipe +SLP LM2 Review

Il start of by saying this is my first f body car just got it a month ago so my knowledge of this car isn't all knowing. After talking to some locals and hearing there set ups which consisted mostly of Pacesetter and BBK headers I decided to try out the TSP 1 7/8 long tubes and ORY combo. I got the package deal they offer for $680 shipped to my door got the headers gaskets clamps y pipe and o2 extensions thought it was a pretty fair deal compared to the BBK's which came with a 2.5in y pipe instead of the 3in. QUALITY AND FINISH the headers looked very good especially after seeing some pics of Hooker headers same goes for the ORY. FITMENT here's where things got a little tricky compared to some of the other cheaper 1 3/4 headers. I also did poly mounts all around and have some gorilla *** hands I'm 6'4 255lbs so keep that in mind. I had to remove ac compressor alternator steering shaft passenger side coil pack oil filter and starter after all those items were removed the headers went in it was a very tight fit but I didn't have to grind anything it would have also helped a lot if the car had been higher off the ground or on a lift. Over all it was kind of a pain in the *** but again if I wasn't so effing huge things would have gone a lot smoother. As for the ORY goes I was suprised how easy it went on after reading so many negative things about it. BUT after getting everything hooked up I had exhaust leaks around the ORY I could never get it to completely stop so I took it to an exhaust shop so they could try out some higher quality clamps they had no luck either so they ended up just welding the ORY together and that fixed my problems charged me $80 which was worth it to me that was my only real complaint with this set up. Since I replaced my mounts I have had no issues with anything rubbing it banging ground clearance is also good can drive over some pretty beast speed bumps without scraping my car is not lowered. SOUND With the SLP LM2 is awesome sounds like true untamed raw v8 power I have stock gears out back (m6) so cruising at highway speeds in 6th isn't to loud until you mash the gas down I could see it being loud as fudge with some 3.73 or 4.10's cruising in 6th. This set up is LOUD after 2k rpm anything under that seems normal. If you have a system in your car forget it I haven't turned mine on since the install the exhaust sound is way more entertaining than music. Well that my review overall I give it an 8.5 out of 10 and am very happy with my car.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

That's awesome! Is there any rasp with your setup? As you can see from the mods listed in my signature, we have a similar setup except I have LM1's, and it's raspy as hell lol
Old 04-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Staging Lane

There is some rasp between 2k to around 2.5k but its minimal and I like it....alot lol. If yours is too raspy ive heard that you can switch out the lm1 resonator for the lm2 and it helps out a lot.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only problem with welding the y pipe up is what happens if you need to remove the transmission for a clutch swap etc? Then you'll have to cut it & then re-weld it back up & it's gonna look like poo. I would have simply bought flanges & had them welded in so it could bolt on & unbolt if needed.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Hamrdown
The only problem with welding the y pipe up is what happens if you need to remove the transmission for a clutch swap etc? Then you'll have to cut it & then re-weld it back up & it's gonna look like poo. I would have simply bought flanges & had them welded in so it could bolt on & unbolt if needed.
Thats what i was concerned about too the guy just welded the y pipes together and used flanges where it hooks up to the headers and where it hooks up to my cat back so i can still drop it just have to unbolt some of the cat back.

Quick Reply: TSP LT's + ORY Pipe +SLP LM2 Review