Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 build PROBLEMS

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 06:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1 build PROBLEMS

Ok so I have a 2002 camaro with a 1998 ls1 block that has 2002 timing cover and rear cover along with heads and intake. A MS$ cam ls7 lifters and 7.4 push rods .When i put this motor back in my car after having the bottom end assembled everything went rather smooth as i expected. However when i put oil in the engine i noticed a leak in the back figured it was the main seal and it would just leak until i got back around to fixing it. Its started fine had some issues at first in the tune or thats where i thought it was anyway. Took it for a ride heard a little valve noise figured it was nothing other cammed ls motors ive had sounded the same. Had it setting in the garge running when i heard the motor make as pop noise about 3 times before i got to the ignition.

I took off the valve covers and noticed one rocker jumped off the push rod, I know thats very uncommon and this isnt my first cam swap i Adjusted the rockers the same on others and they were fine. Anyway so i put it back together unhooked all the rockers none of them where adjusted correctly now a couple way to tight some too loose.. readjusted everythying check and double checked put it all back together started it and it sounds like a sewing machine. pulled the covers back off started playing with the rockers to try to see what was moving to cause this. My finger was able to collapse the lifters Im about 90% sure the lifters are collapsed. My question is wth caused all of this any ideas???

Quick Reply: LS1 build PROBLEMS