Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Vacuum Leak?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 10:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vacuum Leak?

I was fudging around by the pedals today and accidentally tugged on 2 white/black tubes behind the dash that connected to what looked like a small box that is part of the vacuum system. As soon as I caught myself on them I could hear a hissssssssssssssss that gradually got quieter until it stopped. I thought I just pulled the plug out of its seat on the box, so I tried to press it back in, but it didn't feel loose. Now whenever I'm driving I hear a constant hiss from the area. Could I have broken something? What should I check? The car hasn't driven any differently, just has an annoying hiss coming from that area which I assume is a vacuum leak.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Those hoses go to the heater box and heater door controls on the dash. Take the panel off under the steering wheel and then the small panel on the lower left part of the center console down by your right foot. Check all those hoses out good and look to see if any are cracked, chafed or pulled out of there socket...try all your heater setings/ controls and I bet they are a little lazy or or one, two of them might not be working

Quick Reply: Vacuum Leak?