General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

2000 Trans Am Lumbar, just clicking

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Trans Am Lumbar, just clicking

Figured its time to work on this also.

When I press any of the lumbar controls, all I hear is a click. Nothing happens. Any ideas on what I can check?[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-07-2013, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, this is why this is a self help forum!

I was able to get this fixed, and wanted to provide some useful information for possible future LS1ers..

The problem is the pump motor. located under the passenger seat.

Save yourself headaches, and go ahead an unbolt the passenger seat, and lean back. You will see a small black canvas sling, holding a black plastic casing. remove the 4 air tubes, and the 2 electrical connections (you'll need a small flatblade to remove 1 of the connections) After that, remove the black box from the sling, and take it to your work bench. Disassemble the case and remove the motor. remove the 3 screws, holding the pump on the motor. Be careful, there are 4 bushings that may fall out. Once you have it out, spray some wd40 on the 2 ends of the motor, and spin it to release it. after that, before assembling, take it back to the car, and hook up the power connections, hit the button and confirm the motor runs.

After that, clean everything thoroughly, and reassemble. Install back under the seat, and your good to go.

Oh ya, watch your battery power.. I killed mine while working on it.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: 2000 Trans Am Lumbar, just clicking