LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

1995 Z28 couple of questions.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 12:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Z28 couple of questions.

Hello all. I have a 1995 Z28 that had sat for 8 years. I had the engine rebuilt and its running great. The air conditioning is not blowing cold so I got a refill from autozone. When I attached it to the fitting on the AC it would not fill. I had the engine running and the AC on max like the directions said. The can feels like it has back pressure from the car. I have done this before on another of my cars and as soon as I hooked it up and pressed the button it filled right up. With the Camaro it feels like its pushing into the can instead. Anyone have any issues with this before? Or could it be the AC pump is not spinning? Thanks.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevybassguy
Hello all. I have a 1995 Z28 that had sat for 8 years. I had the engine rebuilt and its running great. The air conditioning is not blowing cold so I got a refill from autozone. When I attached it to the fitting on the AC it would not fill. I had the engine running and the AC on max like the directions said. The can feels like it has back pressure from the car. I have done this before on another of my cars and as soon as I hooked it up and pressed the button it filled right up. With the Camaro it feels like its pushing into the can instead. Anyone have any issues with this before? Or could it be the AC pump is not spinning? Thanks.
My car does the exact same thing. I'd like to hear what people have to say about it also.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:56 PM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

honestly just take it to a local shop......friend of mine has the A/C tool they have........its awesome it vacuums the system and checks for leaks......re charges and re oils automatically.....and it will monitor high and low side pressure........it will prob cost you 150 to have it done but that's what id do..........how much is it worth to be cool on a hot day? lol
Old 04-08-2013, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by quik95lt1
honestly just take it to a local shop......friend of mine has the A/C tool they have........its awesome it vacuums the system and checks for leaks......re charges and re oils automatically.....and it will monitor high and low side pressure........it will prob cost you 150 to have it done but that's what id do..........how much is it worth to be cool on a hot day? lol
That's pretty much what i've been told too. I was just pissed cuz I did all my other vehicles i've owned the "cheap" way and it worked, but my Formula won't cooperate. I'd really like to keep A/C but we'll see I guess.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:34 PM
Teching In

Is there no way to do it on my own? I've already spent so much on this car. I was really hoping there was just some trick I was missing.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is the compressor kicking on? With the car running there should be a 100-200 rpm drop when it does. If it does not, you may have to override the pressure switch function by jumpering the compressor with 12V

Quick Reply: 1995 Z28 couple of questions.