Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle pedal woes

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 09:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle pedal woes

So I have an lq9 that was converted to run on an early gen IV harness (05 9-7x) that was modified by Speartech with an e40 ECM.
At the recommendation of John at ST I bought a TBSS pedal, and it works perfectly. However, the lazy *** in me found out that a 07 monte pedal is a direct bolt into my 79 monte. The pedal pad even matches my original.
The problem is that when I plug in the pedal, I get a fistful of throttle pedal codes, and no response from the pedal.
The tbss pedal works perfectly, but my fab skill leave a bit to be desired, so I would rather not have to make a bracket if there is a bolt in option that I already have.
Does anyone run a monte pedal on an e40 ECM?
I have read a few things about switching pins to make it work, but I have also read the the monte pedal is looking for different values altogether.
Hopefully this is understandable and one of yous guys can help me out here.
TIA.

Last edited by yourownself; 04-08-2013 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Subscribed
Old 04-12-2013, 03:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its not the Monte Carlo pedal with an E40, its the Monte pedal with the TrailBlazer ECM OS. I imagine the Monte pedal does it's APP signals different than the TB (actually I know it does if you're getting a dead pedal, REP, and lots of codes).

I have not heard anything about swapping pins, I am willing to bet the only way that would work is if you found a different E40 OS that works with your Monte pedal, then re-pin the ECM connectors to match whatever the new E40 OS is. FWIW, the E40 was only used for 2 years in a very small number of vehicles [Vette, TrailBlazer/9-7X/GMT360, SSR, GTO, Impala SS, Monte Carlo SS (this might be the BEST option), Gran Prix GXP]. If your pedal is from an 06 Monte Carlo SS, Id use that ECM OS and the pedal should work just fine.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:48 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As Scarab said its not the pedal to the ecm. You may be able to use the sensor off the TBSS pedal on your Monte pedal or get the TAC module from the Monte if it will plug into the harness you are using. I am using a TBSS pedal in my setup with a truck wiring harness and truck TAC module. I was able to use the truck pedal sensor on my TBSS pedal because I didn't have the TBSS TAC module

Quick Reply: Throttle pedal woes