Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

stock fuel pump vs racetronix

Old 04-09-2013, 02:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default stock fuel pump vs racetronix

what is the fuel pressure on the stock fuel pump in a 2002 Trans Am 28.8 Injectors. And does the fuel pressure increase with a racetronix pump? If so, how much on average.

Thx
Old 04-09-2013, 02:13 PM
11 Second Club

I have always seen about 60ish PSI. I didn't notice any kind of pressure increase when I installed my racetronix....
Old 04-09-2013, 04:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SMOKNSS
I have always seen about 60ish PSI. I didn't notice any kind of pressure increase when I installed my racetronix....
Guess its all in the regulartor, right?
Old 04-10-2013, 12:21 AM
Staging Lane

my buddies formula wasn't running very well at all, installed the racetronix and it seemed like it was running better then when he originally bought the car. don't know about the pressure though
Old 04-10-2013, 07:01 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BR02SS
my buddies formula wasn't running very well at all, installed the racetronix and it seemed like it was running better then when he originally bought the car. don't know about the pressure though
Could of been a faulty stock fuel pump... its going to be tough to get an answer to my Q's.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With the harness the voltage increase adds 10-20% more flow according to their site
Old 04-10-2013, 09:34 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blk98Vert
With the harness the voltage increase adds 10-20% more flow according to their site
I didn't get the hot wire kit, just the pump.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Unless you changed the regulator, pressure will stay the same. The pump just has the capacity to flow more fuel, thus support more power.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:23 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You need to get the hotwire kit also or you are going to be under powering the pump and burn it out early.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:09 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by roninsonic
Unless you changed the regulator, pressure will stay the same. The pump just has the capacity to flow more fuel, thus support more power.
That's kind of what I figured, and no, i did not change the regulator... So where should the pressure be more or less?

Originally Posted by djfury05
You need to get the hotwire kit also or you are going to be under powering the pump and burn it out early.
I never would of thought no wire kit would be an issue, good thing I have a trap door!!!
Old 04-12-2013, 10:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LASTOFTHEBREED02T/A
That's kind of what I figured, and no, i did not change the regulator... So where should the pressure be more or less?

I never would of thought no wire kit would be an issue, good thing I have a trap door!!!
It wouldn't be an issue if GM would have used better wiring from the get go. The small gauge of the wiring is not adequate for anything larger than stock. When you do get the hotwire kit run the power wire from the alternator stud. Normally at the alternator it runs 1-2 volts more than the battery so the pump will be seeing more volts as well.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

+1 on the trap door... makes life a LOT easier. Running the hotwire kit is easy as hell. The only part that was a pain in the *** was getting the wire bundles/connecters routed without dropping the tank.

FWIW, I did it from the bottom. I loosened the straps a little bit to get some clearance. Then, I twisted up some duck tape to make a rope-type deal (don't judge, I was half drunk and too lazy to get out from under my car ) and fed it up around the tank until my buddy could see it. After he grabbed it, I wrapped my end of the tape around the wiring bundle and fed it up and around the tank while he was pulling it with his end of the tape. Took about 30 minutes.

You could make your own "hotwire" kit if you wanted... Not all that hard. PM me and I'll send you a wiring diagram. It wouldn't be plug and play (read: Splicing would be required), and there wouldn't be a boost-a-pump connector, though.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:56 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stock pressure is 58psi.

The larger Racetronix pump generally increases idle pressure to about 60-62 because of the higher flow. It settles back to 58 as soon as you touch the throttle.

This is due to the flow capacity of the factory regulator.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:40 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by roninsonic
+1 on them trap door... makes life a LOT easier. Running the hotwire kit is easy as hell. The only part that was a pain in the *** was getting the wire bundles/connecters routed without dropping the tank.

FWIW, I did it from the bottom. I loosened the straps a little bit to get some clearance. Then, I twisted up some duck tape to make a rope-type deal (don't judge, I was half drunk and too lazy to get out from under my car ) and fed it up around the tank until my buddy could see it. After he grabbed it, I wrapped my end of the tape around the wiring bundle and fed it up and around the tank while he was pulling it with his end of the tape. Took about 30 minutes.

You could make your own "hotwire" kit if you wanted... Not all that hard. PM me and I'll send you a wiring diagram. It wouldn't be plug and play (read: Splicing would be required), and there wouldn't be a boost-a-pump connector, though.
Def want that wiring diagram!
Old 04-15-2013, 09:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Lonnies Performance
Stock pressure is 58psi.

The larger Racetronix pump generally increases idle pressure to about 60-62 because of the higher flow. It settles back to 58 as soon as you touch the throttle.

This is due to the flow capacity of the factory regulator.

Yessir, I actually did the check and according the psi at normal idle it was 62, and once rev'd up, it went down to 60psi.
Thx for confirming where I should b at.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: stock fuel pump vs racetronix