Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 LS1 with EGR Plug....

Old 04-09-2013, 08:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 LS1 with EGR Plug....

ok... i have an 02 Trans Am Firehawk... has the LS6 intake, but i have the EGR electrical connection. did GM just use an OLD wiring harness for my car??? do all 02 cars still have the elecrical connection for it there? or did someone replace my harness at some point...

i'm so confused right now...

verified by pinout and color, its a factory GM EGR plug... i have no EGR codes, and a real deal 02 Trans Am...
Old 04-10-2013, 08:44 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not sure what to tell you about your situation, but it seems things like this pop up from time to time. My car did not come with traction control -- but it came with the motor on the strut tower. No connections, no wires, no switch... just the motor bolted in. Also a 2002, so maybe workers were having fun as production wound down
Old 04-10-2013, 03:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

My car is a 02 WS6 and it doesn't have the wiring. It also didn't come with traction control and doesn't have the box just a straight cable. Maybe sometimes during the assembly process they find left over parts and just use them to get rid of them. Where exactly was the plug in? Just hanging there like it had been connected or was it tucked into the harness? I can't see GM leaving a connector just dangling in front of the head.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VandykeT/A
My car is a 02 WS6 and it doesn't have the wiring. It also didn't come with traction control and doesn't have the box just a straight cable. Maybe sometimes during the assembly process they find left over parts and just use them to get rid of them. Where exactly was the plug in? Just hanging there like it had been connected or was it tucked into the harness? I can't see GM leaving a connector just dangling in front of the head.
Its there... just a dangling.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 02 LS1 with EGR Plug....