Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Best intercooler setup for DD?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 03:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Best intercooler setup for DD?

I'm thinking of going with a little p1sc here in a little and had a question about intercoolers and ground clearance. I've read that FMIC's are more effective than the twins but was wondering if it hangs lower? I know the camaros have to do some modifications to the hood to get it to fit according to the brute speed kit? Only reason I ask is because this is going to be a daily driver for a good couple of years and the roads around Houston are absolute ****.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:09 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by whatsa347
I'm thinking of going with a little p1sc here in a little and had a question about intercoolers and ground clearance. I've read that FMIC's are more effective than the twins but was wondering if it hangs lower? I know the camaros have to do some modifications to the hood to get it to fit according to the brute speed kit? Only reason I ask is because this is going to be a daily driver for a good couple of years and the roads around Houston are absolute ****.
The only Camaro's that required hood modifications have been those with the SS hood. Neither intercooler system poses any problems with ground clearance. If you want to see a copy of the ProCharger installation instructions, send me an e-mail to brutespeed@gmail.com asking for a copy, and I will e-mail them back to you. Thanks. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 04-11-2013, 10:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
The only Camaro's that required hood modifications have been those with the SS hood. Neither intercooler system poses any problems with ground clearance. If you want to see a copy of the ProCharger installation instructions, send me an e-mail to brutespeed@gmail.com asking for a copy, and I will e-mail them back to you. Thanks. Bob
Wow, I wish more sponsors were like you. I will actually be buying one of your kits. I do have one question though, why is the p1sc more expensive than the d1sc?
Old 04-11-2013, 10:14 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by whatsa347
Wow, I wish more sponsors were like you. I will actually be buying one of your kits. I do have one question though, why is the p1sc more expensive than the d1sc?
Thanks, I appreciate it. The D-1SC is more expensive than the P-1Sc, perhaps you were looking at a P-1SC complete kit that includes injectors and a tune. The D-1SC isn't offered with the injectors or tune, which is why it is called a tuner kit. Let me know if you have any questions. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Quick Reply: Best intercooler setup for DD?