Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fried PCM

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 07:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fried PCM

So I wanted to try some idle adjustments and data logging to fix a surging/stalling idle on my car.

I read off the current tune and saved it, wrote the new tune to the PCM. Next I opened the scanner, with the cfg file that I wanted to use. I hit start scan, and like a noob I went to start the car without realizing the program has some initializing sequence before actually scanning. There was some lag between this sequence and me hitting start. Any way the car made a horrendous noise and won't turn over. It almost sounds like a hammer hitting something really fast. I'm not sure what it's doing actually, it makes a really weird noise from the engine bay. After this I thought maybe the new tune I put on there was jacked and tried to just put it back to the way it was and now it can't find the interface.

I tried disconnecting the battery to no avail. Now when the battery is plugged in there a clicking noise coming from the dash and it makes the same horrendous noise from the engine bay when I try to start it. What is the constant clicking noise from the dash? It almost sounds like the turn signals, but it's separate from them, I already checked that.

Is my PCM toast? This is on a 1998 Trans Am. If so any ideas where to get a replacement?
Old 04-10-2013, 07:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After watching that a few times, I'm thinking dead battery. I'll try to jump it tomorrow.

Last edited by xXSilencerXx; 04-10-2013 at 08:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Fried PCM