Sponsored by:

Standalone PCM advice needed!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 08:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Standalone PCM advice needed!

Hey guys,

I am looking for some input on standalone pcms for my ls6 motor. It is fully built from drain plug to oil cap. I dropped it into a 240sx that I drift professionally in Canada. It will be getting tons of abuse at higher rpms. I am looking for a reliable system that wont break the bank, I am in no way cheap but I am not looking for a $3000 system. I have explored several different options.

Haltech p1000
Haltech p2000
Hp tuners
Moates w/ EFI live
Vi-Pec

Just curious on what some guys run with the 400-500hp race built engines. This is not a daily driver.

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-11-2013, 12:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 149 Likes on 96 Posts

I run the Holley HP EFI and it was $1400. Absolutely hate wiring... had this harness installed (super easy) in about 2hrs, loaded up a file similar to my setup, and had it running shortly thereafter.

The only real tuning needed was getting the cold start/hot start better, and playing with the timing tables. The Holley system uses the WBO2 to make corrections and you simply update the changes it makes with a laptop and it continues to improve your tune. It is a pretty amazing system. Also has traction control option, data acquisition, and plenty of other great features.

I have yet to be on a dyno, only street tuned it for about 1.5hrs total and it rips. Also have tried a 91/e85 blend (e35 or so) and added 3-4* timing and picked up nice amount of power. I'm very happy with the system.

Adding Davis Technologies traction control here in April. Mine is a street car, road race, some drag.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just checked their website out. I am going to have my tuner read over the tech info and Ill go from there. Thanks for the input!

Quick Reply: Standalone PCM advice needed!