General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

SES code P0327 after intake swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 08:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SES code P0327 after intake swap

I swapped in the 04+ valley cover and LS6 intake onto my car proboblly about a month ago. I had to get a new knock sensor harness but the knock sensors themselves looked great so i didnt change them. No sign of water getting in there like many people have had a problem with.

Now I have a code PO327 for knock sensor bank 1. I dont know why it would just go bad now. Think i just have amazing luck that i have to pull the intake again? lol could be worse i guess. Just wanted to see if anyone had this happen to them, and if it could be anything else than the knock sensor i should look into? I might as well change both at the same time. Harness should be fine knock sensors looked fine not too long ago so if you have any input besides me being a cheap *** and trying to save some money by not changing them, it would be appreciated.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Usually a harness and new knock sensors clear it up.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:39 PM
Staging Lane

Anyone else thing i should try putting in new sensors first? or any advice.
Im a little nervous now, I have to get an emissions test before i renew my plates which expire in less than 2 weeks...lucky me.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

On the LS6 valley cover, there are some dimples that stick up. I once installed my intake and torqued it down and pinched my knock sensor wire between the bottom of the intake and one of the dimples. It end up grounding the wire to the valley cover. Might be worth checking. I now make sure to tape down the harness before I put the intake on.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:25 PM
Staging Lane

I put in the new sensors but my harness was pinched between the VC and the coolant pipe but didnt go through the insulation. Looks fine no cuts or wires hanging out. But i did notice oil inside the connector that plugs onto the bank 1 sensor that i got a code for. I dont know if this would cause it? There is no oil in the hole in the VC it screws into, its sealed up fine so maybe its just from the old sensor it has a little oil in it.
Is there a way to test if the harness is good? and how should i clean the oil out of that connector?
Old 04-20-2013, 09:44 AM
Staging Lane

Can anybody help?
Old 04-22-2013, 06:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

The oil might be causing a bad connection. Best way to clean it is electrical contact cleaner. You can find it at the parts store. It'll be electrical contact or electrical connector cleaner.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:32 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the help, i read that these are real finicky so i just bit the bullet and bought a new harness. Maybe i can clean it with that cleaner and sell it?
But So far so good, defiantly was pulling timing when that code was set, a noticeable increase in power now. It might have been like that since i installed the intake might have been why i didnt feel a difference but i doesn't do a whole lot on a bolt on car.

Quick Reply: SES code P0327 after intake swap