LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 383 / AFR 227 / 24x EFi / F1 Procharger FUEL SYSTEM UPGRADE?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 06:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 383 / AFR 227 / 24x EFi / F1 Procharger FUEL SYSTEM UPGRADE?

Hi all.

I have a C4 vette which I recently started up for the first time after build. Tha car has a LT1 383, AFR 227 Heads, 24x EFI ignition system and F1 Procharger. The car has the origial FP with an inline pump added which is good for 125 PSI MAX as is states on it. Any advises would be appreciated! Do the original lines flow enough & if I upgrade my system, which one should I look into? I am guessing the car will be somewhere in the 800 HP range???

Thanks!
Old 04-11-2013, 07:03 AM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

So you have a 10-15k engine setup and you thought the stock FP would be fine....?
Old 04-11-2013, 07:16 AM
10 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

yes you need to upgrade the fuel system...if you are expecting approx. 800hp than you need a fuel system capable of supporting at least 1000hp.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:40 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

booster pump and 800hp, is this a joke?

Sounds like more money than brains and a big failure in the making.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:17 AM
On The Tree

WOW i have a very similar setup but smaller ai trickflow heads and a d1sc and i find it very hard to beleive u could even run with a booster pump.......god yes u need everything 700+ is the edge what lt1(fuel lines, rails, pump, and fpr) fuel system can do, that means u would have to run new fuel lines to and from go to a double pump set up and get ur fuel rails drilled out for a new fpr and an fittings......i cannot beleive u havent leaned that car out yet, but please call LPA and talk to him before you lose alot of money.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:15 PM
Teching In

Bit late on the april fools joke
Old 04-11-2013, 12:39 PM
Teching In

Hehe sorry guys, I´ll explain myself a litle better. The car has not been driven since engine build. It was a half way finished project that I bought. Just finished assembling engine and started up just to se if it would start at all (only idle)! I did not think I could run it on the fuel setup that is installed and that is why I ask. The car is in Iceland and it does not make things easier ... I´ll post some pics if you are interested.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Shownomercy
So you have a 10-15k engine setup and you thought the stock FP would be fine....?
Alot spent but not enough I gues It is a work in progress and I am getting there slowly. The reason I ask is because I don´t wana throw the money out of the window! Was hoping some one could recommend a brand/setup for this car.

Thanks!
Old 04-11-2013, 01:49 PM
On The Tree

As said early contact lonnie at lpa and talk to him he will point u in the right direction for what u need.....U will need to pull your fuel bucket and rails and send to him you will need bigger supply and return line and also a boost referenced fuel pressure regulator. If you are a handy guy you might be able to tackle a dual intank setup but i strongly urge you to get the necessary wiring to do it right, like said earlier after spending 12-15k this is no time to cut corners call lonnie he will assist u with everything......just click on the LPA sponser on your right.GLWYB.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:06 PM
Teching In

[QUOTE=lt1needingboost;17308453]As said early contact lonnie at lpa and talk to him he will point u in the right direction for what u need.....U will need to pull your fuel bucket and rails and send to him you will need bigger supply and return line and also a boost referenced fuel pressure regulator. If you are a handy guy you might be able to tackle a dual intank setup but i strongly urge you to get the necessary wiring to do it right, like said earlier after spending 12-15k this is no time to cut corners call lonnie he will assist u with everything......just click on the LPA sponser on your right.GLWYB.[/
Thanks alot man!!! Just sent him an e-mail
Old 04-12-2013, 06:43 PM
9 Second Club

The attitude here is awesome..! it is a post with a question for people to share some knowledge......

lt1needingboost good answers, thumbs up.

like he said it is a half way finished project and A lot of work to be done.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I lean to the over kill side. I run -10 supply with a aeromotive eliminator pump. Imo I would never risk a engine with a marginal fuel system.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGCAT7274
I lean to the over kill side. I run -10 supply with a aeromotive eliminator pump. Imo I would never risk a engine with a marginal fuel system.
Yep....I use an 80% max rule....if I reach 80% of the capability of the fuel system its time to upgrade.

I run a twin 255lph system w/6an lines to feed a ~500whp NA motor and another 255lph to feed the nitrous system
Old 08-13-2013, 08:50 AM
Teching In

Thanks again guys!
I finally have the fuel system from LPA in house, nice one!!!
Can any one of you recommend a tune for the car? LT1 neededing boost possibly since we seem to have a simular setup? We have HP tuners, and the guy helping me is tuning
the LS engines but never had his hands on set up like this. I just want to stay safe, I heard something about needing scaled tune/map due to the size of the fuel injectors?
If any of you can recommend where to start it will be highly appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 08-13-2013, 09:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where are you located? Normally for this kind of build I would only reccomend Bryan from PCM's for less, but the 24x will make it much less complicated for a full tune opening many different options.

If you are near the Midwest, Mike Norris does a great job. There are experienced tuners a cross the country though that should be able to help you out.

The biggest thing is just getting someone with experience on the same setup, and NOT someone with no experience with it wanting to "learn" off of your car.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CALL911
Where are you located? Normally for this kind of build I would only reccomend Bryan from PCM's for less, but the 24x will make it much less complicated for a full tune opening many different options.

If you are near the Midwest, Mike Norris does a great job. There are experienced tuners a cross the country though that should be able to help you out.

The biggest thing is just getting someone with experience on the same setup, and NOT someone with no experience with it wanting to "learn" off of your car.
Thanks for replying CALL911.

The problem is that the car is in Iceland, which has not made it easier...
But hopefully I am getting towards the end of it! I was hoping to get a
safe base tune to work with (starting point) instead of starting from zero
and possibly screew something up! Maybe I´ll try contacting either of
above mentioned persons, see if they can help?
Old 08-13-2013, 06:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want a good baseline just to start, you can get a mail order tune from Bryan at PCM's for less. It won't be spot on as a dyno tune would be, but it would be more than a good start.

Quick Reply: LT1 383 / AFR 227 / 24x EFi / F1 Procharger FUEL SYSTEM UPGRADE?