Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Moser 9" and pro kit?

Old 04-11-2013, 08:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Moser 9" and pro kit?

I put this up in the gear section and have t got any response yet, so I thought I'd try here.
I just ordered a moser 9" rear and while reading some on here I've noticed that people have had to BFH the tans tunnel for the TA to clear and not hit the floor pan. Right now I'm lowered on eibach pro kit which drops the rear of the car 1.2". I'm starting to worry that could be too much drop for the new rear end. I really dont want to put the stock springs back in because i really like the stance of the car the way it sits now. Basically I'd like to know if any of you are running a moser 9" on a lowered car and did you have to do for the TA to clear the tunnel.

Also which style TA do you guys prefer to use and why, tunnel mount or trans mount?

Thanks,
Jason
Old 04-11-2013, 04:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car is lowered almost 3" in the rear and i have the fab9 it took a couple good blows with the BFH but it clears everything just fine.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:56 AM
TECH Regular

If my car wasn't at the body shop right now, I'd get you a picture, but you need to hit the tunnel a lot with a hammer. When I installed my torque arm, I was stock height and had to hammer it. I'm now dropped 2.5" and had to do a lot more hammering. You're not going to avoid it.

Always go with a tunnel mounted torque arm...take the stress off of the rear of the transmission.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:10 AM
On The Tree

Hey thanks for your help guys. Although I've decided to change my order and just the M9. I was told the M9 has none of these TA interference issues as the stamped housing. The included TA contours to the tunnel and the TA to rear housing mount is placed in a more appropriate position. I guess we'll see when I get installed.

Thanks again
Jason

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Moser 9" and pro kit?