Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

suspension install

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 11:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default suspension install

i have all UMI bolt on suspension stuff waiting to be put on my car. i am going to do the work myself and wondering how i should go about it. my list includes: adj. PHB, adj, LCAs, adj tunnel mounted torque arm, lca relocation brackets. (all pieces are UMI) i will be doing this out of my garage alone. is there a certain procedure i should follow as to which to install first? or should i just unbolt everything and replace everything all at once?

also have QA1 12way adj. i need to install on all 4 corners, but i job at a time...
Old 04-13-2013, 02:11 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just got done doing the same thing... everything all at once is fine, try to keep all adjustable stuff close to stock and make sure the lca's are the same on both sides for adjustments. Once done then have fun and make adjustments. There are some good write ups on all of the installs the front springs/shocks might be the most time comsuming if the end nut is rusted. Read up on all install procedures before you tackle the project. you may want to do your upper and lower ball joints and tie rod ends while you are in there... a few tool rentals you may want is a spring compressor and a ball joint installer... both you can loan from most part stores for free if you bring them back in the allotted time...good luck, be patient and have fun..... also check out torque specs... just google it
Old 04-13-2013, 10:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did you happen to save any of the writeups on how to do all this? if not ill quit being lazy and just search them myself. lol
Old 04-14-2013, 02:35 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry i didn't save links just google or youtube it... thats the easiest

Quick Reply: suspension install