Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Waste gate and DP???

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 01:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Question Waste gate and DP???

Am installing a BW400SX..
1. What's the general consensus on the entry point on the dp for the waste gate? [IE: is there a particular distance from the hsg that works well/better than others?]
2. How does one register the 4" dp split flange onto an opening that's about 3.600 diameter? [This an E-Bag flange] NE1 have a trik piece that would do this??

NE help is appreciated!
Old 04-14-2013, 02:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I always dump mine to the atmosphere.

Are you referring to the T6 inlet flange? the DP flange should be a taper v-band and 5"s
Old 04-14-2013, 07:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Talking This is..

Originally Posted by MUSTANGBRKR02
I always dump mine to the atmosphere.

Are you referring to the T6 inlet flange? the DP flange should be a taper v-band and 5"s
A S400 w/ a T4 hsg, 4"dp flange. [Sorry, should have included that info in the orig post.]
The outboard face is flat w/ the taper on the rear side. The single flange that came w/ the clamp, is supposedly for the S400/T4 hsg. There's no way to register the pipe, so it's centered over the hsg outlet. Unless the pipe side flange is centered when the clamp is tightened, it ends up off location, but tite.
[I guess I could just eyeball it, and then tighten the clamp until it appears centered.]
Hsg outlet has a counter bore that measures 3.60",&.250 deep. The OD of the hsg side flange is 4.62.
The problem w/ that is, the location has to be repeatable in order for the w/g pipe to attach to the dp.
As I understand it, the T6 flanged hsg has the 5"dp, and requires a special v band. Correct?

Thanks for the response.
Attached Thumbnails Waste gate and DP???-dp-connection-001.jpg   Waste gate and DP???-dp-connection-002.jpg   Waste gate and DP???-dp-connection-003.jpg  

Last edited by Old Geezer; 04-14-2013 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Add pics

Quick Reply: Waste gate and DP???