Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

newbie with an 07 z06

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 06:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default newbie with an 07 z06

Hey guys, this Friday i bought a 2007 z06. black on black and from what i can tell its completely stock except for a VR intake. ill post up some more pics soon. For now im going to leave the car alone, (i have a turbo build under way in my camaro) But wanted some tips for some basic boltons to add some power. Is the Vr intake any good? What other little things should i be looking to do? Thought about a full exhaust and possibly throwing on cutouts since i already have two just sitting in garage. From what I've heard the American racing headers and a billy boat cat back are a pretty powerful setup? Also, im kind of newbie with the ls7s... I keep hearing that ls7s do not like boost very much, I just wanted to see what kind of power the ls7s can make safely? A buddy of mine has an 08 z06 and his is 1500hp twin turbo. I dont know if ill ever take it that far but id love a nice 1000hp procharged z down the road.... what would be my best possible route to that?
Attached Thumbnails newbie with an 07 z06-photo-1-.jpg  
Old 04-14-2013, 06:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would suggest looking into doing headwork.. specifically the valves. Have heard alot about Z's dropping valves. Other than that, H/C/I and you will have a jet airplane

Quick Reply: newbie with an 07 z06