Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAD DOG TRANSMISSION 2013 log

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 07:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile MAD DOG TRANSMISSION 2013 log

Hey guys figured I would jump on and give back to the ls1 tech community since its been so helpful to me I'm doing a mad dog transmission review log ..I've read a lot of bad things about this shop but also some good as wellso I figured I would give Lou a shot .. I just ordered a level 2 th350 stage 3 shift 2400 stall for my 72 cutlass mild build 355 rocket and in the process of ordering a level 2 700r4 stage 2 shift 1800 stall for my 90 k1500 8" lift on 38s I haven't received them yet so no updates on Trannys but I can say his customer service was more than impressive to me.. I feel very good about my purchases and hope his builds are equally impressive as there customer service ..I did like he gave me 5% off for being military .. cant wait to get my trannys !!..FYI I'm not doing this to start a riot or a long drawn out argument on past reviews this is a 2013 review for his Trannys I will keep everyone posted as things move along ..so far so good thanks Lou !!
Old 04-14-2013, 07:44 PM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

Thanks for offering to document the process. I hope it goes well for you.

Please also document what else you are doing to prepare for the new trans - e.g. are you installing a brand new converter, just an old one or is an old one being sent out to be opened and cleaned? Also are you replacing the trans cooler or just flushing it?

I suspect that some of the complaints about the "lower priced" builders are due to their "tight on money" customers taking short-cuts during the trans swap, such as not replacing the converter and cooler after a major trans failure. When the new trans then fails they of course blame the trans supplier and not themselves.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mrvedit
Thanks for offering to document the process. I hope it goes well for you.

Please also document what else you are doing to prepare for the new trans - e.g. are you installing a brand new converter, just an old one or is an old one being sent out to be opened and cleaned? Also are you replacing the trans cooler or just flushing it?

I suspect that some of the complaints about the "lower priced" builders are due to their "tight on money" customers taking short-cuts during the trans swap, such as not replacing the converter and cooler after a major trans failure. When the new trans then fails they of course blame the trans supplier and not themselves.
I agree 100% thats why i decided to gove lou a shot ..too many people are so quick to blame the builder and fail to mention all the things that werent done right during the swap ..and thanks for the reminder lol .. I'm using new convertors supplied by mad dog I'm using a 2400 stall for my 72 cutlass and a 1800 stall for the 90 k1500 new trans cooler lines are beimg installed and new trans coolers are being used on both vehicals ..everything is new and installation will be done correctly .no corners will be cut so this should be a 100% accurate review on mad dog ..I feel pretty good on my choice seems like a good company ..thanks for the reply and reminders feel free to chime in anytime ;-) I should have the th350 wensday and the 700 by the weekend so updates will be asap ..can't wait to get my 72 back on the road ..
Old 04-15-2013, 12:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Get back with us in a year.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Get back with us in a year.
only a matter of time be this thread turns into a
Old 04-15-2013, 10:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hope it works out for you bro. Keep us posted!
Old 04-19-2013, 11:37 AM
Banned

I appreciate all the positive feedback. Yes we are on top of our game I watched everything that goes on in my shop now. We test every single transmission here to make sure it has quality shifts, no delayed engagements, no vibrations, etc. I understand things happen sometimes, whether it's on our end, or our customers and one thing for sure. We always back up our transmissions 100%. I have been in business for 27 years not planning on going anywhere. At least for another 15 years or more. My plan would be to have my son run the shop like my father done.

Thank You,
"Mad Dog" Lou

Mad Dog Transmissions
Phone 770-781-0949 maddoglou454@aol.com
Fax 770-781-0969
Old 04-20-2013, 11:59 AM
Teching In

I may consider doing a similar log and give Lou a shot. I have tried to contact several of the well respected builders on here about a TH350 build and haven't gotten responses back, so that pretty much rules them out. I am also military so the discount on top of his price is just icing on the cake.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:55 PM
Banned

I will build you an awesome TH350 transmission for your application with a 5% military discount. After you install it, make sure you let everyone know how the transmission performs. Stay strong and thank you for freedom.

If you prefer, we can call you personally, just e-mail us your phone number.

All our transmissions are very strong and reliable, and can be used for everyday driving. Extended warranties are also available.

You can call us and talk to a live person. Up until 10 PM Eastern standard time , Monday through Sunday.

Thank You,
"Mad Dog" Lou

Mad Dog Transmissions
Phone 770-781-0949
Fax 770-781-0969 maddoglou454@aol.com

Web: www.maddogtransmissions.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/maddogtransmissions
Twitter: www.twitter.com/maddoglou
YouTube: www.youtube.com/maddogtransmissions
Old 04-24-2013, 08:55 AM
Banned

To punisherls6 . I appreciate the business and the opportunity to prove to everyone how good our product is don't forget to post and let everyone know. Believe me, this is a whole different mad dog transmissions company. Thank you MaddogLou
Old 04-24-2013, 10:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by eric8
I may consider doing a similar log and give Lou a shot. I have tried to contact several of the well respected builders on here about a TH350 build and haven't gotten responses back, so that pretty much rules them out. I am also military so the discount on top of his price is just icing on the cake.
Have you considered they haven't gotten back to you because they're busy because they have good reputations for building quality transmissions? Just sayin' it may be worth the extra coin
Old 04-24-2013, 10:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Got my and my just gonna sit back and watch how this unfolds in a year.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:21 AM
Launching!

sub'd hope it goes well!
Old 04-24-2013, 02:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by maddoglou454
To punisherls6 . I appreciate the business and the opportunity to prove to everyone how good our product is don't forget to post and let everyone know. Believe me, this is a whole different mad dog transmissions company. Thank you MaddogLou
Yeah Right!

As the old adage goes.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks!

I'm sure there will be atleast one fool that believes this BS
Old 04-25-2013, 05:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Why so much hate for mad dog?
Old 04-25-2013, 06:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Burken01
Why so much hate for mad dog?
Read the whole thing. Didn't get the parts he paid for and got told about his parents and asked the guy if he wore a dress.

I talked sporty to a sponsor and got an infraction. Sponsor talks sporty to a member and a customer, nothing happens.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls1tech-s...ld-tricks.html
Old 05-09-2013, 04:58 AM
Staging Lane

I have been running my lvl2 700r4 from Lou almost a year now... Daily driving, and beating on it at almost every redlights :-D

Still going strong... I am about doing a fluidchange Next week to see if any material has accoured...

As mrvedit, I also suspects that many people buy transmissions from lowcosts builders because of the lack of Money.. And then they do shortcuts when replacing the unit to make it even cheaper...

I did my research on how to do this the right way, and this thing is still going... Has been racing on it, towing heavy stuff at long distance, and still working... The fluid is still red like a year ago when I put it in...

I am not saying that Lou is God or anything.... I just say, KNOW HOW TO DO A TRANNY SWAP before you are going to..!!
Old 05-09-2013, 03:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I recevied on of his Built TH400 for absolutely free. He took lots of time to ask questions about my setup.
It included an JW Ultra bell housing for an LS to TH400 connection, as well as a billet Shaft. It arrived in perfect condition with new parts, and a black wrinkle paint that really makes it stand out.
We kept it a Forward pattern with manual shift abilities.
It's almost ready to run now, and I have no doubt its gonna be great. Lou delevered on every single promise, and it even costed him money to do so. Lou, I still appreciate you going out of the way to offer a Free Giveaway on the forum like this! Videos and follow up to come.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:51 PM
Banned

No problem. Be sure to let everyone know how our transmission performs.

Thank You,
"Mad Dog" Lou

Mad Dog Transmissions
Phone 770-781-0949

Old 05-22-2013, 03:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by maddoglou454
No problem. Be sure to let everyone know how our transmission performs.

Thank You,
"Mad Dog" Lou

Mad Dog Transmissions
Phone 770-781-0949

Strong ninja edit there ^

https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls1tech-s...ld-tricks.html

I find the need to let everyone know how you conduct business. As a business owner myself in the automotive world, I can not stand to see someone like yourself talking to customers in the manner you have. When there are so many reputable transmission companies that sponsor this board, I can not believe you are still in business. Probably associated with the fact your threads have been pushed down and forgotten (by most). I hope your words continue to haunt you, much past the point of me following the Automatic Transmission section of this free board.

The fact that you, on many occasions, have posted a supposed customer review for all to read, blows my mind. I hope no one takes it seriously. Good reviews come naturally, you are so obviously forcing the matter it calls your true business practices into play. Keep trying to fool everyone, myself and others will be there to shine the true light on you.

Here again, The Reason Why You Should Stay Away.

Want a good transmission, from a reputable builder?
http://www.jakesperformance.com/
http://www.rpmtransmissions.com/
http://www.finishlinetrans.com/
Etc

Also, you don't get to give yourself your own nickname. No one ever called you "Mad Dog". Maybe others were a 'mad dog' after purchasing a transmission from you.

Quick Reply: MAD DOG TRANSMISSION 2013 log