Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H/C/I LS1 going N2O- Pic heavy/install/ DYNO RESULTS

Old 04-14-2013, 07:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default H/C/I LS1 going N2O- Pic heavy/install/ DYNO RESULTS

Hey everyone. So long story short, i will be adding n2o to my life here soon and would like to share where i stand at the moment, and what n2o kit/parts i have. I would like to get some feed back aswell because for the last couple months ive been doing research on this and hope to be on the right path! So suggestions/comments/criticism WELCOME!

Current set up: Stock LS block (approx 70k miles), TSP stage 2.5 5.3L heads, Torquer v2 cam, FAST 90/NW 90, 4.10s, LT's, true duals, Racetronix 42lb injectors, FTP lid. OEM clutch (6 speed), wideband, stock fuel rail, stock fuel pump.
The #'s: 430whp/391wtq

Whats going in: ZEX wet Plate kit (LS Perimeter Plate Nitrous System)
http://www.zex.com/zx/ls-series-peri...tem-cable.html
Some other parts that im getting that are not included:
-gauge plates toggle switches
-n2o pressure gauge
-Bottle heater (dynotune)
-Purge kit
-Racetronix 255lph
-Colder plugs (ngk BR7EF) gapped @ .30-.35
-Monster Stage 3 clutch kit w/Tick Master cylinder

shooting for at least 500whp. So the 100 shot jets are in.
I dont plan on hitting the track, more for high way pulls. (still on the 10bolt rear/street tires )

Also, im still trying to figure out how i can run GOOD n/a and on N2o for when the bottle is empty. thoughts? ..
At the moment I am waiting to see how my car runs on the nitrous tune all motor. If too much power is lost for my liking I will be getting an lnc2000 timing control module.

THOUGHTS/COMMENTS/SUGGESTIONS

and here is the catfish
Attached Thumbnails H/C/I LS1 going N2O- Pic heavy/install/ DYNO RESULTS-ss5-copy-2-.jpg  

Last edited by bestlude; 09-15-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If anyone has a similar set up, i would like to know your track times and dyno #'s
Old 04-14-2013, 11:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Well my setup is very similar to yours (mods in sig) and I just got done installing my LNC-2000, so now it's dyno time to conform A/F and timing. I'll be spraying a 100 shot as well. I'll definitely post results when done
Old 04-14-2013, 11:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah man you should keep me posted.. I still need to do my clutch install before I can get the kit installed. I'm very curious
Old 04-14-2013, 11:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

I definitely will! I should be all set in a week or two. That Zex kit looks pretty cool...what are you using to pull timing with? What plugs are you going to run?
Old 04-14-2013, 11:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I won't be doing the tunning on the car. I believe my tuner uses hp tuners. I think I'm gonna run ngk br7ef plugs
Old 04-15-2013, 06:43 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would replace the stock fuel pumo w a walbo255. Get ur on tune on and pull 4 degress of timing for a 100 shot
Old 04-15-2013, 10:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Your setup looks really good. You've got about the same mods as I have; I'm getting ready to install my Monster Stage 3/Tick Master and AI Dart/RHS 223cc heads. My plan is to do a plate kit after that. I'll be interested in seeing how well you like the Zex kit.

I would highly recommend you buying something to pull timing when you spray so you can run an optimal tune when N/A. You could go with a MSD Timing Twister, the LNC device, or even with "The Timing Tunner". I did a bunch of research on it a while back and it looks like a really nice device that allows you to do more than just pull timing.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:58 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

The LNC is nice and it also works as a 2-step. What controller do you plan on using?
Old 04-15-2013, 01:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dnkynrbk
I would replace the stock fuel pumo w a walbo255. Get ur on tune on and pull 4 degress of timing for a 100 shot
Oh yeah
255 is on its way in
Old 04-15-2013, 01:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
Your setup looks really good. You've got about the same mods as I have; I'm getting ready to install my Monster Stage 3/Tick Master and AI Dart/RHS 223cc heads. My plan is to do a plate kit after that. I'll be interested in seeing how well you like the Zex kit.

I would highly recommend you buying something to pull timing when you spray so you can run an optimal tune when N/A. You could go with a MSD Timing Twister, the LNC device, or even with "The Timing Tunner". I did a bunch of research on it a while back and it looks like a really nice device that allows you to do more than just pull timing.
Yeah I'm anxious to see how the zex works out for me. As far as a timing. tuner I'm still looking into them because I do want to run N/A aswell. . Ill definately look into the msd timing twister or lnc . Thanks
Old 04-15-2013, 01:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brandon@nitrousoutlet
The LNC is nice and it also works as a 2-step. What controller do you plan on using?
Haven't decided at the moment.. I do want to run hard n/a aswell so I need to make a decision on that here soon. The lnc sounds nice according to the feedback that I'm getting from all you guys
Old 04-15-2013, 03:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bestlude
Yeah I'm anxious to see how the zex works out for me. As far as a timing. tuner I'm still looking into them because I do want to run N/A aswell. . Ill definately look into the msd timing twister or lnc . Thanks
Does Zex make this kit for a stock 78mm intake?

In my opinion, not running something to pull timing would be dumb for anyone who has nitrous. You're not going to be spraying all the time, and I'd say you'll be running N/A more time than you will be spraying, so you need to be able to run your N/A tune so you're not leaving a bunch of power on the table. It doesn't make sense to me when people will drop all that money on a nice nitrous setup, but won't spend a couple hundred bucks on something to pull timing.

Please keep this thread updated when you do get your kit up and running. I'd really like to know how you like the Zex kit. Does it include all there patented saftey features like some of their other kits do?

Last edited by Rise of the Phoenix; 04-15-2013 at 03:55 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Also keep in mind that the MSD Timing Twister is no longer made, so good luck on finding one lol I know I couldn't lol
Old 04-15-2013, 04:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
Does Zex make this kit for a stock 78mm intake?

In my opinion, not running something to pull timing would be dumb for anyone who has nitrous. You're not going to be spraying all the time, and I'd say you'll be running N/A more time than you will be spraying, so you need to be able to run your N/A tune so you're not leaving a bunch of power on the table. It doesn't make sense to me when people will drop all that money on a nice nitrous setup, but won't spend a couple hundred bucks on something to pull timing.

Please keep this thread updated when you do get your kit up and running. I'd really like to know how you like the Zex kit. Does it include all there patented saftey features like some of their other kits do?
Im not sure if zex makes the same plate kit for the 78mm intake. I would think but im not positive.

As far as this kit, I havent seen any Zex "patented saftey features" in the Installation/manual from the box.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
Also keep in mind that the MSD Timing Twister is no longer made, so good luck on finding one lol I know I couldn't lol
lol thanks for the heads up.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:16 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by brandon@nitrousoutlet

Op I would definitely contact these guys and have either brandon or dave help u out with the timing controler. I got the lnc2000 feom them and its the best thing out there.

Im currently running a 125 hit with similar set up. Made 427/402 NA. Still no dyno numbers on spray.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by bestlude
if anyone has a similar set up, i would like to know your track times and dyno #'s

427/402. 1.7 60 11.5 @117 n/a
Old 04-19-2013, 08:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LASTOFTHEBREED02T/A
Op I would definitely contact these guys and have either brandon or dave help u out with the timing controler. I got the lnc2000 feom them and its the best thing out there.

Im currently running a 125 hit with similar set up. Made 427/402 NA. Still no dyno numbers on spray.
Oh yeah, already talked to brandon through PM. Looking into one as we speak. Definately let me know your dyno numbers on this thread or PM me
Old 04-20-2013, 02:11 AM
11 Second Club

Yessir, but I more than likely will be on a 150 hit when I dyno. hope to break 600 tq

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: H/C/I LS1 going N2O- Pic heavy/install/ DYNO RESULTS